Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Just a quick thank you to the gang at Millville. You guys are great. Everyone made me feel right at home. Turkey never tasted as good as it did Friday night. I also want to apologize for taking off early on Sunday without thanking everyone personally. After my camera quit working I just thought it was the best idea to get on the road and try to beat some of the traffic and truth be told I was instantly in a bad mood when the camera quit. I think the drive along the winding road towards Kellogg then the scenery along the Mississippi river helped calm me down.

I called Canon as soon as I got home Monday, and sent the camera to them right after I got off the phone. Good news is they are sending me a loaner while mine is getting fixed. I will be shooting 3 days at Walton this weekend so the loaner really shows that Canon is trying to set things right. Thing that sucks is I was just really starting to like the MkII now that the focus is good, but now I think it will take me a long time to trust that camera again.

Here's the last photo before something broke...
MF8B4026.jpg

This is the very next shot...
MF8B4027.jpg

This shot would have been really cool...
MF8B4055.jpg

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Felt bad for you buddy. Was great to see you again and to actually get out on the track at the same time and share some thoughts about angles etc. Hope they get that camera working properly this time around. Troy thanks you again for the tires and bars.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
I don't know about Minnie. Maybe if I can get a cheap flight, but there is no friggin way I am doing that drive in the winter. I ended up putting about 1600 miles on the rental car. You should have seen the guys face when he checked the odometer. :yikes:

Top Bottom