purp

Feb 22, 2005
I have a 2005 220. I've had about ten rides or so on it and I did a couple of inexpensive mods to it. Took out the snorkel and drilled extra holes in the airbox lid. I noticed a minor improvement in power. Then I got a 48 pilot jet (it comes with a 42). This made a big difference. It responds a lot quicker when i hit the throttle. No bogging at all. I also got a 12 tooth front sproket. I found that 1st was too low to do anything and 2nd was a little too high. Now 1st is still too low but 2nd is about perfect. Of course after doing this I was going up a hill faster than usual and crashed and cracked the right radiator shroud. That of course is expensive to fix. Anyone had any luck glueing the cracks together?

Sep 15, 2004
I broke my left shroud on my 05' 200. Dont think glue will work.try to take a piece of metal and put behind the shroud and rivet it to the shroud from the front.It worked for me for awhile but I ended up buying a new oem shroud @ $80 Look at it this way at least you didnt damage your radiator!!that gets expensive

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
You sure you didnt swap the 48 out with the 42? 48 is WAY too rich, I run a 45 on a higher compression 225

Top Bottom