Glamis!

Jan 22, 2007
Is it bad to run mixed gas in a 4 stroke? If it is all I had would it work? What if my gas gets old, can I run mixed gas in the lawn mower to get rid of the gas? Thanks everyone

Glamis!

Jan 22, 2007
So if I have a few gallons left I can throw a few galllons of regular gas in and then run it in the mower or 4 stroke.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Glamis! said:
Is it bad to run mixed gas in a 4 stroke? If it is all I had would it work?

You'll leave a few more deposits on the plug and in the combustion chamber, but you won't hurt it otherwise if you don't make a habit of doing it.

Last edited:

Kasjok

Apr 20, 2006
I don`t start a new topic as my question is so similiar.

My friend recomended me to add like 1- 2 canister cap full of oil to every tank? He said that it would keep my valves in better shape. What do you think of that?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Kasjok said:
I don`t start a new topic as my question is so similiar.

My friend recomended me to add like 1- 2 canister cap full of oil to every tank? He said that it would keep my valves in better shape. What do you think of that?

Your friend is wrong. Oil in the fuel does nothing positive for valve life, but it could potentially shorten it if deposits build up on the valve seat over time. Titanium valve engines are especially sensitive to this.

Proper maintenance is the way to extend valve life.

XR250rdr

May 27, 2003
I definitely would not recycle old mixed gas in a 4 stroke bike, but it wont hurt a lawn mower one bit. Just smoke a little. That and the weed eater is how I get rid of my old mixed gas.

EDIT: fixed a typo

Last edited:

Top Bottom