troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Does anyone know for certain what weight Mobil1 Synthetic ATF is. I did a few searchs and came up with anywhere from 5wt to 15wt. I would like to know for sure. Also, can the average rider tell much difference in suspension action between 5wt and 10wt fork oil?

Thanks,
Steve

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
In the ISO Viscosity classifications it is definitely not a 5, more on the upper edge of 10wt. Generally, your viscosity rating at 40 deg C is equivalent to the ISO classification, in this case the ATF's number is 35, and the viscosity range for a ISO rating of 32 ranges between 28.8 and 35.2. A 32 ISO viscosity rating corresponds to a 10wt SAE rating. If you really wanted to, you could call it a 15 I guess if that made you happy. But the numbers in comparision with some 10wt fork oils are very close.

Wakisashi

Mod Ban
Apr 29, 2002
Shocknut,
Would you have any interest in a PAO based synthetic hydraulic oil with a ISO grade of 32 and SUS@100'F of 160 at 7.40 a quart? It may not be worth having , I just ran across it in a catalog at work today. I don`t have the full specs on it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom