motoxdude

Jul 6, 2004
Right now my 2000 kdx 200 has an fmf pipe and silencer with a jetted carb and reed valves.it Also has race tech suspension.I was wondering if there was any way for me to squeeze more power out of it without spending alot of money.its really fast in the trails but i want more power.

motoxdude

Jul 6, 2004
i have a fmf fatty goldseries pipe on it witha turbine core 2 silencer. I pretty sure something has been done to my air box but im not for sure.What ealse can i do?

jirvine

Oct 21, 2001
Not sure what type of riding you do but nothing is cheaper than a gearing change. I rode mine in a Gran Prix last year with stock 14/50 and it sucked so I went to a 13 and still rarely use the top end so I've ordered up a 12. That should do it. I've been thinking about mods as well and I think what I'm going to do it get a GPR stabilizer. Then the card mod and porting.

motoxdude

Jul 6, 2004
i do alot of woods riding but i like to keep my rpms high.I also like to take my bike on the road and track sometimes. Im not a great mechanic so i dont know how to port my bike.I dont know what a gpr stabilizer is either.But what ever will giive my bike more power i am willing to do unless it puts a large dent in my wallet

motoxdude

Jul 6, 2004
i was thinking about doing a sprocket change like you but i didnt want to sacrafice the low end for the real hard stuff.Tell me how it turns out, I would really like to know how it is before i make a change.

motoxdude

Jul 6, 2004
I already changed my airfilter to a no toil one and it does better , but i dont know how to clean the kips system or how to check the ring end gap.

motoxdude

Jul 6, 2004
no i have been to busy latley.How do i remove the carbon from my exhaust pipe?I know how to repack my silener but i have not read up on the reed spacer or the torque ring exhaust spacer.I know i got better reed valves in it right now though.

harryhuia

Nov 7, 2003
You should check to see if your kips is clean, chances are they're not and you should check your rings + piston, they could be worn. If your kips is not working you won't have much power.
If you don't have time to pull your engine to bits or don't know how, you should consult your dealer.
If your eager to learn about your engine then pull it to bits and get into it!

good luck..

motoxdude

Jul 6, 2004
thanks for the great advice.I will clean everything and see if that helps any.Is there anything i can buy for my bike that could add power?I know sprockets will help but i like the ones i got now.Anything else?

jirvine

Oct 21, 2001
I have 2 00 KDX's. One I've had for a couple years, runs well, have pipe, susp, etc. The other is what my daughter rides. It was harder to get jetted right and was smoking quite a bit so I pulled the piston which wasn't to bad but the exhaust valve seemed frozen from carbon crap. If I get it back together right I think it'll run better.

Top Bottom