Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Where did you find information on the Moose flex bars?
I looked on their site, and all Moose had listed was a pad for the "flex" bar.

Billy Ed

Oct 16, 2001
The Moose "Flex" bars are in the Parts Unlimited catalog YZ bend part number M1004. Retail $79.95 Dealer price is pretty cheap. They also have a mount kit (part# M818-005) for $45.00 retail.
But I didn't want to be the first kid on the block to have one.:eek:

Billy Ed

Oct 16, 2001
Danman; were they aluminum? I have this crazy idea that they might be steel. I have had no problems with Moose products, but have never seen these bars.
By the way, I think I have an old Greeves around here somewhere that has tapered steel bars!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Ok, here is what I was able to find out. I sent an email to Moose, and asked for some information. Here's what I got.
The material spec
is 7075 T6 aluminum. The bar thickness is variable due to the taper design.
I do not have that spec. The dimensions are in millimeters and are as
follows:

Part #_____Bend_____Width_____Height_____Rise_____Sweep
M1001___CR HI_____795_______95_______70_______62
M1002___CR LO_____802______65_______60_______68
M1003____KX_______798_______74_______53_______58
M1004____YZ_______803_______92_______56_______57
M1005___Burleson___762______95_______70_______62

Last edited:

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
I think i have these on my drz!! Last fall i bought some fancy moose bars. I think they had just come out. I got them from the zuki shop. I was looking for some taller bars they were there so i bought'em. I got moose bark busters on 'em now so it took out some of the flex. I don't have many rides on them and aren't super aggressive to begin with. I try like hell to avoid spectacular wipe outs that test bar strength. They seem to work ok, The grips are still on'em and when i push pull on them the front wheel generally goes where i want it to. They make my bike look cool! although i think the moose plastic handgaurd plastic is kinda thin!! Sorry dude, don't have enough time on them to give you a worth while report!!

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
As far as I can tell they are identical to Pro Tapers. I have had them on my bike for about 4 months and have had no problems. The last 2 races (I ride AA in Enduro / HS) I have crashed pretty hard (both eneded up in the bike cartwheeling) and they haven't bent at all. I would recommmend these bars, and I just ordered another set for my fathers bike. The Burleson bend is already cut down so you don't have to hack up your new bars if your a HS / Enduro rider.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom