moose or boyosen powervalve cover

smprider0783

Oct 13, 2000
I have an 01 cr250 and have read in other threads about a powervalve cover. Does this really help any, is it worth the money?? Also where would i get one at and are you talking about a moose powervalve cover or the one from boyoseen. Is this thing just a cover or does it requir some extra work? thanks for any help

parker

Jun 18, 2001
Boyesen

I have an 01 CR250 as well and I am considering the same thing with
some boyesen pro-series reeds. On my bike before (a 2000 kdx220),
I had a boyesen rad valve, I didn't notice all that much. But it was
a high quality valve. This time just the reeds, but I would definitely
go with the boyesen. If you go to boyesen.com and check out the dyno
charts for the carbon fiber pro series reeds, it is pretty impressive.
My .02 and some rambling

Parker

2strokeBaby

Sep 5, 2001
I put on a Boyesen power valve cover and a V-Force Delta Reed Valve at the same time. The combination is great! Excellent power on the bottom and top. Deliver is smooth with great throttle response. Also changed jetting to 175M, 45P, 2nd clip from top. With the bike now running so smooth from bottom to top, why bother with those new fankled 4strokes.

smirnov

Jun 10, 2000
I have an 00 cr250 with Moto Tassinari reed cage, FMF Ganrly pipe(stock silencer) and jetted near perfect. I have just ordered the Boyeson valve cover since my local shop highly recommends it. As is, the bike rips down low with much better mid. I compare it to my buddies 01 Cr250 and the difference is incredible. I also have a Stealy flywheel. I am very happy with this setup. Works good, last long time...

Top Bottom