rayracing88

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 24, 2009
Moose Racing makes these heaters that you can put under the grips for utility quads.
I'm thinking of getting these for my dirt bike.
Just wondering if anyone has ever used these.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
They work like a champ. So well in fact, that the "hi" setting is TOO hot. Your bike will need lighting capability though.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
rayracing88 said:
Moose Racing makes these heaters that you can put under the grips for utility quads.
I'm thinking of getting these for my dirt bike.
Just wondering if anyone has ever used these.

Might work well on quads with thumb throttle,.. but how will it accomdate a twist throttle??

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
^^^It's like a heat tape that you wrap around the bar (clutch side) and the throttle tube on the right... just leave some slack in the wire where it exits between the throttle housing/grip. They work well.

rayracing88

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 24, 2009
So they do work on twist throttles?
It sounds like they work pretty good.
I want to start winter trail riding.
there was just too much snow this year
we got 5ft in November.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Do a dry run installation first. The (rotation-wise) gap should be from the tips of your fingers to the heel of your palm.

If they are like EE grip warmers, toss the resistor. It is normally employed to draw off excess capacity to balance the left and right sides if you do not insulate as follows:

Use friction tape or a shrink tube on the clutch side under the heaters so as to not lose heat which would to the handle bar. If the throttle tube is aluminum, insulate in the same manner. Insulation conserves and puts to use the otherwise wasted capacity.

Most bikes do not have the capacity to run both these and other high-draw electrical components, like lights. If you need to run them all, get a lighting-coil rewind to increase the supply.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom