jdon88

Apr 23, 2004
I have read plenty of posts on which boots to buy but I still have questions. I don't want to pay dealer prices but I want to see the boots in person before ordering online. First of all I only ride about 12 weekends per year, maybe 100 hours total and most of it in woods, hills, water, etc. I currently have MSR Rage boots that I bought slightly used about 5 years ago. The sole is almost worn thru in the arch area from the footpegs so I want to get something new and better. I went to 2 dealers nearby but they didn't have much of a selection. The first dealer had Alpine stars tech 4 ATV for $180. which looked good and felt comfortable. They also had Answer boots for $130. but the toe area looks too tall, I don't want to have problems shifting. The 2nd dealer had O'neil boots, elements I think, for about $100 but none in my size to try on, again the toe area looked too tall. I'd like to stay under $150. but still get something decent for the type of riding I do. The main thing is I don't want to get stuck with something that makes it hard to shift (too tall toe area). I see things like Thor Quadrant, Fox Tracker in my catalogs but I don't want to buy them without seeing them. Ay suggestions? Also I'm thinking about getting a boot with ATV sole but I ride a bike, any reason why I shouldn't. Sometimes we end up walking in the woods, getting unstuck, etc. and the flat soles of my current boots get no traction.

Top Bottom