91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
Yeah, I also love my powerband, but it is horrible in the woods. After I check the Drums and fix my fork seal I will see about the reeds. That sounds like the solution I have been looking for all along. Thanks for the Help
Ben

flying W

Mar 30, 2002
Before you do any mods I would make sure the jetting is correct. KDX's come jetted way rich on the pilot form the factory. Proper jetting will make a bigger difference than anything else for bottem end.

I find greasy hamburgers and ice cream are great for increasing my bottem end (_|_), but for some reason I go slower.

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
Trust me my bottom end is big enough without the hamburgers and ice cream!

My jetting is fine. Fredette Racing jetted it. There is no bogging, and no spooge at the end of the silencer. I also found out that the Porting was done to increase top end. Jeff emailed me and said that If I wanted I could trade him the cyclinder and head for a set that wasn't ported. Not sure what I am going to do.... Help please!

Ben

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Help with what?

You have a bike ported for top end. You want bottom end. FRP will 'fix it' for you.

Done!

Although...that gets you a stock cylinder. That will for sure get you more 'bottom' than a high-end ported cylinder.

Decide what you want. Do it.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
POWER!!! POWER!!! POWER!!! Why the hell don't they just make a KDX 500 and get rid of all these power questions!!! That's what we all really want isn't it!!! More low end, mid range, and top end than you can possibly use!!! Excess power at all RPM's!!! That's what we really need!!! Why can't Kawi just make the ultimate woods bike and be done with it?!?! Ain't nooooo replacement for displacement!!! I don't EVER consider trying to get more power out of my KX500!!! Stock is scary enough!!! We need THAT engine in the KDX!!! Anybody with me on this??!!

Tom L.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom