YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well I am back from a long weekend at the track. Digger raced again this weekend at Big Air. With the gas prices I decided it would just be better if we camped out there. So I towed the pop-up camper up and setteled in. Slow Joe came up this weekend and camped with me. Saturday morning Wolfchild showed up with his clan in tow so his son Speed Bump could try his hand at Racing.

Saturday turned out to be a rainy morning. It was raining lightly all morning. Made that clay track kinda slick. Mud is the great equalizer on the MX track. And this day was no exception. The gate dropped on the 1st moto Saturday and they were off. Digger managed to work himself up to 2nd place after 2 kids went down in front of him. Then 1st place went down and Digger was in the lead. Then 2 laps latter digger washed out in a corner and droped back to 4th were he finished.

2nd moto Digger pretty much rode around in 4th place all moto to secure a 4th place overall.

Sunday brought bright sun.

1st moto (video footage) brought a last place holeshot. But he worked his way up to 4th place by the end. He said that he was really mad about that start and took that anger out on the track. Said the bike wasn't in gear at the start.

2nd moto he got a better start and worked his way into a solid 3rd and was running the pace of the leaders when he went down in a corner and droped back to 5th. 4th place went down and he got back to 4th place were he finished.

He got 4th place overall for the day.

The downside of the afternoon is that there was a racing incident that Digger was involved in. Digger made an aggressive inside pass on a CRF80 and they bumped. The CRF kid had his leg out and I think Digger hit it. I latter found out that his mom took him to the hospital with a possible Broken leg. Bummer. You hate to see that happen. I talked to the kids Grandpa and he wasn't upset at all. He realizes that this stuff happens. Its part of racing. Still I felt bad. Hopefully it is just bruised.

On an upside Digger really steped it up this weekend. Something must of clicked as he really steped his game up.

I managed to get away from everyone for a little bit Saturday afternoon and watch the 250A class. I parked myself on a grassy hillside and just absorbed the sights and sounds of the track. It was reaaaaly nice. There is nothing like a highly tuned 2-stroke destroying a berm, or hitting a perfect line thru a corner following a table top jump. Its sweet watching the diferant lines of the riders. Watching one rider get sideways off a jump lap after lap only to finialy go down insead of learning from his mistakes. It was a good time.

Here is the video

http://www.jersey-riders.com/video/d3 moto 1.wmv

Right click and save target as.

Last edited:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Allright something is going on with my links. I aint having much luck with them for some reason. Try this

Go to

http://www.jersey-riders.com/video

and right click on the file:

d3 moto #1.wmv

and select save target as. See if that works.

-----------------------------------------------

Update. Origional link works now. Go figure.

It wont direct stream but you can save it to your computer and play it that way.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey I fixed the link again. It streams now.

Last edited:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
That's awesome, sounds like you guys had a great weekend. Phil, his brother Andy and I all raced 125C on Sunday. Didn't do too bad, just need a fourstroke to get a decent start. Phil is much faster than I am so he just picks them off one by one. Andy had a four stroke so he's got an advantage and me. I'm just slow on my 125..oh well that's why I'm racing with the guys, to get faster. I kinda looked around for you when we got to the track, but it was still pretty packed when we arrived at noon. We ended up all the way up by where Little Air used to be.
A group of my friends came to watch us. None of them have ever been to a MX event. They watched the first set of motos, then two of them got BORED!! They left when we were at the gate for our second moto. I wasn't too happy, they could have waited another ten minutes. See if I invite them to watch the races again. They have been wanting to watch and then they don't even stay. We'll see what the excuses are today at work...
Are you guys going to be there on the 18 & 19th? Two Michigan riders, I'm assuming Kelly Smith and Nick Wey, are going to be there. I definitely want to see them ride there. Phil said he has seen kelly completely sideways on Killer. Should be fun!

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
We tried to get YZman to race Sunday after I broke down and raced for the first time ever Saturday. He was full of all kinds of exuces. I took first place in D class Saturday. I was the only one in the class, but raced with 250C and was 4th out of 6. Man, I am still sore today. Well at least my kid wants to win now so he can get a big trophy like dad got. I wasn't going to go get the trophy, but YZman showed up at camp with it. We were camped in the middle by the pavilon. The hose to wash the bikes was right in front of my truck.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Great Video Digger and SpeedBump! :aj:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
slow_joe said:
We tried to get YZman to race Sunday after I broke down and raced for the first time ever Saturday. He was full of all kinds of exuces.

I just didn't want to show you up on your own bike Joe :rotfl:

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
ohhh oh here it comes let the bench racing commence. hehe

so you were the only guy in the D class and there was 6 total in the C class. so that means 1st - 3rd were the sandbaggers that should be in B class then. so you should have gotten 1st overall as i see it.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
YZMAN check out www.michiganmotox.com and click on "Big Air August Gallery" it's at the top. There are a ton of pics from the races on Sunday. I wasn't sure of Digger's number or bike. Might be a sweet pic of him in there. There is one of Phil #5544 and one with me kinda in it #5531. I saw a lot from Little Air in there.
-Tracie

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yea there is a few in there of Digger. Most of them just have him in the background. I have been checking there regulary.

Andrew Leigh

Aug 22, 2005
Wow, he really handled himself well during that race. He got some really nice turns on people especially at 2:20 and 3:50. What an awesome video and race. He did a great job.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
yea I noticed that. Hmm lets see what he does. I hope he gets it back up. That was a sweet service.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
no doubt. I'm gonna have to get my server fixed and try to sneak it back on under comcasts radar.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Hey I was digging around on
www.michiganmotox.com today and found a few picts of Digger and wolfchild.

Attachments

• IMG_5252.jpg
    IMG_5252.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5254.jpg
    IMG_5254.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 138
Top Bottom