YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Digger in the Dark!

I broke the kid in tonight. Took him for his 1st night ride tonight out to Cedar Creek. Yep 10yrs old and I have him out out riding in the dark. Startin him out young huh :nod:

I installed a 110watt Bajadesigns stator and Acerbis Diamond headlight onto his CRF100. Now he has more light than my CRFx :whoa: That just sucks. I also slapped on some of those red led valvestem tireflys. They flash red as they go around. Bling bling baby! :laugh:

How did he do...He loved it. I think he rides better at night than he does during the day. I led for a little bit keeping the speeds down so he could get a feel for it, then let him take the lead. He was off like a shot. The headlight on my X is pitifull (35w headlight and 45 watt stator) I can barely see with that setup. With my limited lighting visability He was outriding me a few times out there :)

We ended up cutting it a little short as it was drizzling rain and cold. His legs were getting cold. But I can see that I now have a guarenteed night riding buddy anytime I want to go out. How cool is that :cool:

Last edited:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
YZMAN400 said:
I can see that I now have a guarenteed night riding buddy anytime I want to go out. How cool is that :cool:

Adam sandler voiceover; "the cooooolest"

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
SNDMN2 said:
Sonds like the x needs an upgrade. Glad it worked out well.

Oh definately. All it takes is $.....TrailTech can rewind it to 100watts for about $125. Then I just need to upgrade the bulb and its good to go. Just gotta get around to pulling the stator and sending it in. Just gotta find a time when I am not going to need the bike for a few weeks......Yea I know...That time dont exist does it :yikes:

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
I hear ya. I need to do something with the light on the exc. For starters, I would rather have the 04 design than the 05. I don"t like the way the front brake cable goes in front rather than behind the number plate. It interfers with my front number bag.

Top Bottom