holyschnikes

Jun 5, 2000
Selling my pick-up and getting a suv. I need to decide between a hitch hauler (motojackrack, moto x caddy) or a small trailer? Any pros or cons on the hitch hauler would be helpful..

nkd

Mar 3, 2000
I have both, a 5x8 enclosed trailer for racing or pulling my bike
and friend's bikes and quads and the motojack for when I go
alone and don't feel like pulling a trailer. The enc trailer is nice
since I use it as a dressing room and put everything (muddy)
in there and not in my nice suv. The motojack I use for going
local more so. Good luck
Nancy

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
I have a 4x8 trailer that I pull with my old Rodeo.

It carries 2 bikes easily, 3 in a pinch.

Also carries plywood, lumber, cinder blocks, dirt, gas grill, etc. Try sticking that in a motojack.

Of course, a trailer costs about 600 minimum, but I needed one anyway.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I`d go with the trailer . You can pick up a 4x8 trailer from Harbor Freight for betwen $200 to about $400 depending on which one you get. You do have to assemble it yourself though .

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
I use the motojack for 1 key reason - storage. I do not have a good place to store a trailer. My wife won't let me use the driveway for that kind of stuff. It is my compromise for having 2 bikes (dirt & street). But for 1 bike it works very well. Small, 1 person setup, quick, Explorer drives well with it (I got the gas can holder extension to keep the gas outside the vechicle. Good product - but not as functional as a trailor.

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
I'm a MotoJackRack guy myself. All preferences for me. I can go 75 legal instead of 55. I pay $2 bridge toll instead of $4. No registration needed for MotoJackRack. No tires and maintenance for MotoJackRack. I've been using the MotoJackRack for 6 years problem free between truck and motorhome. No complaints here and no need for a trailer for me. If I needed to haul more than one bike I would get a trailer.
http://www.fototime.com/{9C2E70CB-6D53-11D5-83A9-00E0292003E2}/picture.JPG

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
Retsenior,

Nice picture.

FYI - I put tie-downs from Handlebar straight to bumper and tie-down from back fender area straight to bumper. This helps with the teeter-totter effect when going over bumps and curbs.

OldManIn

Mar 12, 2001
I have both also. I use the MotoJackRack when I am alone and don't want to deal with the trailer. The MotoJackRack is very fast and easy. When I go long distance or have to carry multiple bikes I will use my trailer. Best of both worlds. I have no problem recommending the MotoJackRack to anyone.

Good Luck.

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
sspmxc400...Thanks
I put a tie down on from the right handlebar to the left rear frame of the truck to make it more solid for long trips but for short trips like 5 miles to work I don't. Again a very good product, fast and easy for someone without need for a trailer. I have no problem recommending the MotoJackRack, The Sled, The Caddy or any of the hitch carriers but like the OldManIn said get a trailer too and have the best of both worlds.
http://www.fototime.com/{9C2E70C8-6D53-11D5-83A9-00E0292003E2}/picture.JPG

bigcr

May 16, 2000
I have also been using a moto-jack rack for years for the sake of storage
space and because I can't afford a truck and an SUV. If I had the room, I'd
rather have a trailer.

The "rack" is a good product, however and it is quick, easy, and durable.
The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that my $10,000 bike has
effectively become my rear bumber. Also, if you drive down a dirty or
muddy road, your bike gets roosted by your car.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom