sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
starting to see some wear on my motojack rack. I notice that the hydro jack is starting to bend (stem upwards) and the platform is not as level as it used to be. Has anybody put in a heavier jack into theirs? Any new jacks on the market of interest?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'd check back in with MJR and see if they view that as "normal". When I talked to the owner on the phone he said their testing involved loading his buddy who went about +260# AND his XR600 on to the MJR then driving down a rutted out dirt road for miles. Since that's every bit of 500# I find the bending issue a bit concerning and maybe due to a defective jack. I don't see why it should be a problem to replace the bottle jack with a large capacity version that may have a bigger shaft. On mine the jack is welded to the frame so it would be a little work, I'm not sure if it's a little more easily replacible on the new versions as mine was one of the first using the new design. Heck it's even painted grey and doesn't have the MJR stickers on it.

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
I either had a defective jack or broke it the first day I had it. I went to AutoZone & got another bottle jsck (same size) & have had no problems in. It's been almost 2 years.

wannayz

Aug 27, 2002
I'm satidfied with the construction on my MJR. What scares me is the strentgh of my Trailer hitch. MJR guarantees theie product but do they take into account the huge potholes and curbs in my NYC area. My heart jumps higher than some of the monster jumps I see when I see the bike list 15 - 20 degrees when I ride over a curb. I'm expecting some metal fatigue eventually.

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
Did some checking and found part of the problem (alignment and bracket for the bottle jack was a little loose). But a new bottle jack may still be in store. Now think the only alignment problem is that the wear/tear on hitch has loosened the fit.

Note: Tie-downs on on both ends of the bike really help the teetor/totter effect when going over curbs or bumps.

motoxscott

Jun 3, 2002
Keep on eye on the weld where it makes a 90 degree direction change after it comes out of the hitch. My first one cracked there almost dragging my bike on the freeway doing 80 mph. They gave me a new one, but I ended up selling it to a friend. They need to improve their design, I wasnt happy with how much free play everything has. They need to sleeve all the tubing where the bolts go through rather than just drilling a hole. It's a great idea, it just needs to be improved upon.

Just my 2 cents.........

Top Bottom