EBOD

Nov 1, 2001
I just got a 2-place (one full-sized bike and one mini-bike) Motojack Rack. The thing is pretty slick. The jack they included was messed up (or I messed it up) insofar as it wouldn't go down. I bought a new jack at Pep Boys for about $15 (worth $15 to avoid the hassle of getting the company to send me a new one).

I have a couple of comments/observations and would like to hear any of your thoughts on them. First, the jack has bent (slightly) the peice of metal into which it fits. It looks like the weight of the bikes is focused on the top of the jack and that the jack is trying to punch through the metal. Does this seem normal? Should I be concerned that the jack might actually punch all the way through?

Second, I was able to keep the bikes' front ends from flapping around with a couple of tie downs. The bikes, however, did seem to rock back and forth a bit (even though the foot pegs were pinned into the rack). By the time I got home, my big bike had a noticeable endo attitude. Any way to prevent this in the future?

Are any of these concerns worth bothering the factory about?

Thanks!!

--EBOD

Top Bottom