Motorcycle Carriers Hitch-mounted

lynn02

Jan 10, 2004
I'm looking for a hitch-mounted carrier. I have a Jeep Liberty. Can anyone suggest one that will clear a spare that is mounted on the rear gate?

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
I have a Motojackrack on my 95 pathfinder. It does not clear the spare on mine, but mine is mounted on a gate. Not sure how yours works? Either way, this topic is covered several times in this forum, try searching or looking back several pages for more info.

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I have a "versa-hauler" for my xr400 on the back of my 98 chevy full size with a cab high canopy. The bike sits pretty far away from the truck. Far enough that I can actually open the back of the canopy and clear the handlebars. Can't lower the tailgate though.

RACINRAY

Feb 18, 2004
carrier

i have a racinray proto type took the best things from all the manufactures and built my own cost me a littlle over 200.00 bucks canadian eh .and works awesome logged well over 6000 miles no problems carrier weight is about 70 pounds bike is 212 works for me . why make someone rich spend youre money on a well deserved riding trip. unless you can find something under $220 but word of caution check for quality because bikes aint cheap .

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
You can make one fairly cheeply. I have to find the pics of mine again but if you can do a search you should run into it. Works great. I have put some mile on it and it has done me well. I think I have like 80-90 bucks into it.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
lynn - I doubt you will have any problems. I just mounted a Draw-Tite Class III hitch to my 03 Wrangler and I cleared the spare (30" tire with Canyon rim) with my Sport Carrier carrying my CR500. I probably had about 5-6 inches between the pipe and the spare.
You'll have to do some measuring on the hitch and carrier to be sure. I just lucked out finding a used hitch for $40 rated at 350# tongue weight. The rear shocks on the Wrangler, on the other hand, need a little help. Also, the wheelbase of the CR5 is about the same as the width of the Jeep.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom