MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Smit-Dog said:
I also have boxes and boxes of slides that my dad took, along with a 60's vintage projector.

Bill, I can digitize slides for you if you wish. If you've got hundreds, that may be an issue. I can do six at a time, the six take about 30 seconds to a high resolution. I can then make them into TIFF's JPG's, BMP's whatever you want except RAW (not recommended anyway. TIFF's would probably be the best choice for quality, JPG's of course for size vs. quality.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
This is without doubt, the coolest thread on this site. Thanks for sharing and thanks for proving I'm that not that old afterall :)

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Smit-Dog.

Sure enjoyed looking at the photos. Reminds me of my youth. Honda fifty, Yam mini-enduro, Kaw 90 (should have gotten the XR)... Dad riding the Yam DT.

So many fun times. Excellent memories. You are very fortunate to have a collection of pictures as wonderful as those.

Regards - Scott

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Makes me want to go take a bunch of pictures that I'll think are dumb at the time, but will mean more to my kids than I'll ever know.

Thanks for sharing, Smit-dog

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Great pictures, thanks for sharing them.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
XRpredator said:
Makes me want to go take a bunch of pictures that I'll think are dumb at the time, but will mean more to my kids than I'll ever know.

Thanks for sharing, Smit-dog

Great pictures.....Believe it or not, I think about it often when I look at the many pictures we have and even as pictures are being taken....THIS is what my kids will remember me by. :nod: You are proving it with this thread.

Thanks for sharing :cool:

Matt

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Let me know what you find out. I'm going to try doing it at home, as I can scan them two up. But, if it doesn't work I will need to find an alternative. I'm hesitant to let them out of my sight though. Take it easy...

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Hey Smit-dog,
I have to agree, this is a great thread. Thanks for sharing. Makes us all realize how important Dads, family, memories, and pictures really are. Priceless!! See you around.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Bill - Thanks for keeping us up on a part of what life is about and sharing your own personal memories. You are special.

Young Ted & Connie

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
MWEISSEN said:
Bill, I can digitize slides for you if you wish. If you've got hundreds, that may be an issue.
Thanks Mark... I have a few boxes, maybe not in the hundreds. Will let you know once I have a chance to sort through them.

Found a few more...

My dad's store sponsored some amateur riders back in the mid '80s (damn the cancer stick)
22.jpg

... Yes, that is a quad... and No, those aren't hot pants! My 12 year old son about flipped when seeing the short shorts on grandpa back in the day. He, of course, wears shorts that come home down past his knees.
23.jpg

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
INCA said:
Bill - Thanks for keeping us up on a part of what life is about and sharing your own personal memories. You are special.

Young Ted & Connie
And thank you, Ted and Connie, for attending my dad's service. I was completely blown away when you showed up in little ole' Saint Clair, Michigan. Thanks for being there.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
Wow, those are some cool pics... You could tell how stoked you were with the XR75 in the photo... And your dad did look super cool in :cool: the brando hat...

My second bike was an XR75, but mine never looked like that, it was pretty well clapped out by the time I bought it... It's neat to see what it was supposed to look like... I like the picture of you and your brother doing donuts... My brother and I did the same. heck well all proubably did... That's why those pictures are so neat... Thanks for that...

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Bill:
I dont know if you realise it or not but you REALLY touched a nerve with this one! I am certain that MANY lifes have been touched by your willingness to share such an beautiful memorial of your Dad! I am sure that EVERYONE on here can somehow relate to those pics and the LOVE of our sport that he demonstrated and instilled in you. THANK YOU for sharing!!
Can I make a suggestion?? Could we please get this thread "Pinned" in our MTR section?? I read it several times and, IMHO, this IS what we are all about - FAMILY (of which I am proud to be part of)!!!!
What do you think guys??
Woodsy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom