Mounting ICO guard & B-busters on 1 1/8"

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Last weekend I replaced my bent Renthals with 1 1/8" Tags. (In prep for a steering stabilizer)

Anyways, how do you mount your ICO Procomp aluminum guards? My clamps are Applied Racing and they have countersink holes for the bar clamps. The bolts are not long enough to go through the guard then down into the clamp.

Also, I would like to put my B-Busters back on but the clamp for 7/8 bars wont fit. I have seen the adapter for Protapers. Will these also fit on the Tag bars?

Thanks
Jeff

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
1) You can buy longer bolts at your local auto parts retailer.

2) Cycra sells just a clamp kit for bark busters, when converting to fat bars.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
For the ICO I'd recommend an aluminum plate between the clamps as a dashboard platform, extending forward (or rearward). If that's not possible, then get longer bolts & use washers to take up the excess & fill in the countersunk holes. If all else fails, get a billet ICO mount or call ICO and ask for other solutions.

Handguard mounts. Enduro Engineering has the fat bar clamps. ~$30. I have them on both our Zooks, but would recommend the type which bolts directly to the top clamp pinch bolts (makes for more space for cables, resists rotational forces, allows fat bars to feely flex, etc.) I have a pair of plished Summers Racing Components mounts you can try so long as your top clamp (fork) pinch bolts load from the front to the back. Let me know.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Thanks for the replies

Placelast- My clamps have the bolt on the front but they load from the side. Would that still work?

Do you have the web address for SRC?

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by RMjeff
Placelast- My clamps have the bolt on the front but they load from the side. Would that still work?

Do you have the web address for SRC?

Let me ask in another way: do the upper fork pinch bolts enter from the front and point towards the rear? If so, these which I have will work, being "front entry" type. The "side entry" type enter from the outboard side and point towards the center(line) of the bike.

Both types can be seen @ http://www.emxs.de/src/0601.htm or http://www.srcinc.net/handguards.html

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by placelast

The "side entry" type enter from the outboard side and point towards the center(line) of the bike.

]

These are the ones I have.

Thanks for the link...

By the way when are you gonna come out this way for another ride;)

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by RMjeff

These are the ones I have.

By the way when are you gonna come out this way for another ride;)

...so the ones I have will not work.

I'd like to go on the 9-1-00 Phelan ride, but I have my suspension out for service, & the top end is apart, awaiting parts...

Top Bottom