MTDR Spring Ride @ Loretta Lynn's

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser

You'd probably get the holeshot, but Peugeots rarely run for more than 30 consecutive seconds. Either way, you should be prepared for a 2.5 horsepower drubbing. :p I'd get maximum points for style, too.

OK - I will give you the style points. But i will have you know that my Peugeot has ran for more than 30 consecutive seconds several times! :moon:

2.5 Horsepower - you may have me beet there - but i have much bigger wheels than you! And i have green paint. Who pianted that scooter of yours? Did you send it off to San Francisco and get it painted by the Rainbow Warrior bike shoppe? :p Nancy Boy.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Timr is right KelvinKDX (Jim) you GOTTA get that bike back together. Bring it in a basket and we will help you put it together Friday night! I WANNA RIDE IT BAAAADDD. I am seriuosly considering having my little 200 punched out by Eric and I would love to try it before I buy it.

Timr.. I am bringing a riding bud. Spare KDX? I wish...If I had JP's cash .. I would have a different bike for every day. ;) BTW that was Dhowards KDX that I was riding and Dave was riding mine at DW01 pulling the arrows. We plan on setting up camp first then signing up. Gotta find something fairly level for the camper. We will probably head towards the back past the store. Make sure to look me up Friday night.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
LOL! It was painted by the scooter fairies at Yamaha. The color is the only reason I bought the thing.

Isn't Peugeot French? HA! Those people INVENTED gay. :moon:

Last edited:

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
The weather forcast looks great!!! Partly cloudy high of 67 and low of 45.....Both days!!!!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
Isn't Peugeot French? HA! Those people INVENTED gay. :moon:

OK - I guess you got me there. But i will give that bike an "A" for effort in the "light in the loafers" category. :p

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000

OK - i just got home from the hospital and am going to start the re-assembly process. I can't completely finish the bike this week-end as Ron @ RB-Designs supposedly shipped my carb back to me today. Hopefully i will get it by Tuesday and can get it on the bike. We may have to tune in the carb at LL. I will bring my basket and enough insentive (read: beer & food) for us to get the job done. ;)

I am looking forward to riding the bike too! :)

deagle

May 21, 2001
Worked on the novice loop yesterday. What a great day to ride. Novice is pretty good, very fun, even some new areas. Also got to run about a quarter of the main loop. That Tomthumb is diabolical. Thank goodness I got my barkbusters in the mail yesterday after I got home. Nothing dangerous, I never even dumped it, but for a mid-level rider like myself it was technical and a good workout. There were two 14 year olds blowing my doors off but I still had fun. There are plenty of areas to get off the trail and get back to camp so getting tired 15 miles into the woods won't be an issue.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Cool. It will be tough getting through this week thinking about riding. This will be my first ride of the season - and it sounds like it will be a good one.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
4 more days!!! You got that KDX put back together yet??? Kelvin?

deagle

May 21, 2001
It's almost time and I think the weather is going to be good. Sun just popped out here in Nashville.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
The weather is looking good...only a small chance of rain on sunday. It should be 60s during the day...40s at night.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
The KDX 225 is ALMOST all put together. Well - i did get the (bored & ported) top end put back on the bike, fixed my kick starter & greased swing arm bearings. :)
I just have to do the following:
change/bleed front and rear brake fluid
mount radiators
mount airbox & rear fender
mount RB'd carb (gotta go out tonight and get some vent tube) (jetting will have to be tested at LL)
mount rear wheel & chain
plastic
mount new handle bars and rubber mounts (if they show up!)
and other odds & ends!! :scream:

I am taking tomorrow off of work to get this done. We will leave for LL Friday morning in the RV.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Great! We'll see you there. I just got my bike back together last night...lots of the same stuff...greased swing arm bearings, new rear wheel bearings, new brake pads front and rear...bleed both systems...shock service...new fork oil and pre-load spacers. I'm ready to ride!

CR307

Apr 12, 2001
Cant wait! Are we still able to sign up and take care of all the paper work on Friday evening? I mean, I already have paid the $25, but I am talking about getting the wristband or whatever it might be for this event?

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I just picked up the loaner bike last night. The guy has it jacked up eight feet in the rear, so I'm gonna have to do little tweaking on it before I go. It needs a few other odds and ends sorted out too. Anybody have a CR125 frame for sale?

Looks like I'll be able to get out early too. :cool:

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
Brian, you can finish up the registration between 4-8 pm on friday. If not, then the reg is open on sat and sunday early also.

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Looks like I will only be there Saturday. I will be driving my dark blue 2002 GMC Sierra Z71 4X4. As it stands now I should be pulling a trailer with a KX, KTM. and DRZ. Stop by if anyone gets the chance.

Steve

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i'll be just going for the day on sun (lower lip stuck out, tear rolling down cheek). prob in a blue tahoe pulling a white enclosed trailer with 3 ktm 200s & maybe or maybe not a yz250f. i'll look for everybody!

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Well my tow vehicle has now changed. It will be extended cab Chevy or GMC. It belongs to 1 of the other guys. Bikes still the same.
Steve

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…