BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
Currently have an 02 KDX 200, but was looking to get a 2002 RM 125 or 03 YZ or KX 125 and was wondering if you can have fun with them on the trails? I'm looking to ride more MX, so I want a better suspension and better handling bike, but would also trail ride on open and tight technical trails and want to know how the MX 125 bikes will be? I know it won't be like the KDX on trails, but neither will the KDX be like the MX on the track.

Thanks

svmtbman

Mar 11, 2003
I had a KX 125 before I got my KDX. They are a blast on the trails because of their light weight. You will have to work the clutch and shifter ALOT more than you do on the KDX now and the explosive power will lead to some hairy moments but all in all it's a pretty fun bike for the trails. Just plan on doing alot of spinning because the 125 won't putt up those steep hills like the KDX either!

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Yeah, a 125 is a lot of fun all around, even in the tight stuff. A few extra teeth on the rear sproket make a world of difference when the going gets tough, I would recommend that be your first mod. Then go have some fun!

Gallo

Nov 14, 2002
If you're going to do trails on a 125 MXer, I would recommend the YZ. They seem to have a wider powerband which should help on tighter trails. That said, a friend of mine rides his CR125 (narrowest powerband I've ever seen) on trails all the time, and has quite a bit of fun. It's a matter of getting used to the bike and jetting properly for smaller throttle openings. You might foul quite a few plugs at first but get the jetting down and remember to wind it out every now and then.

Another suggestion I can't help making is to skip the 2-strokes and get a YZ250F. That's what I ride and it does great for MX and tight trail riding, especially with a 50T rear sprocket.

Top Bottom