mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I just ordered a pair of the $130 Thor boots. Is there a good way to break in or soften these things up? I've never owned a pair, and it seems they will be almost impossible to shift in when new...... thanks.

KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
I have the same boots (T30's)...I got some KIWI mink oil and coated them (hitting the seams hard) before the first ride. I didn't do anything special to break them in, but after 2 rides the were fine. The only thing I don't like about them so far is that the soles seem to wear far worse than the Sidi's I've always had before.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
Knox, ever ride at Windrock? I'm making my first trip Friday. I ride with a crew of ATV's so I'm not sure what I'm getting into. I here the trail are great.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Walk around in 'em for an hour and they'll soften right up.

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I bought a pair of T-20's last year and they required almost no breakin time.
The first day riding and walking around in them did it. They are real comfortable too.

I know that you are asking about the T-30's and I don't know if they're different or not. They may be similar. The T-20's were $120.00, so they are in the same price range. Maybe they just stuck a new number on them for '03?

I wouldn't worry about it.

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
do any of you know how the thor's sizing compares to other companies? is a 10 in thor a 10 fox? none of the dealerships carry thor so i cant find out myself. thanks

KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
Winrock/Coal River is the only place we go...we usually ride the north side in Lake City though since it seems to have more technical tight stuff. The Oliver Springs side seemed pretty rutted out a month ago from all the rain and ATV masses that turned into a giant bog.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom