RoadDawg

Jul 10, 2009
I purchased a pair of Moose M1 boots. I realize they are not the best on the market. What's the best way to break em in, besides wearing them constantly for several days.

I noticed that when I was riding the last time, the toe on these boots is pretty big and it made it hard to get my foot into the shifter. Any ideas or is this just lack of experience wearing MX boots.

Thanks...

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
I don't think I have ever managed to get my foot completely under a shifter except in road boots. I think it just sorta hooks up on the inside of the boot. You may just have to get used to them. I can't talk really though, I don't even have any boots. I just sold them as they are too heavy for me and I can't find any I like to replace them with and I am willing to pay 1000 bucks. I think I may make my own :-)

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
+1 on the lever adjustment.

you can put your boots on after work everyday go out to the garden hose and fill each one up to the top, then walk around the block, take them off and turn them upside down to drain untill tomorrow after work. I garantee at the end of the week you and your boots will be broke in!!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I have never had an issue with newer boots, the last 20 years? Before that, we put a brick in each, put them in a tub of hot water till they are acclimated, then put them on and wore them. Wear wet boots on the inside, yuck, pruned feet?

Top Bottom