MX South...anybody else having problems?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I've used them a few times b/c of the recommendations of some on DRN, but the last two orders have been slow on the shipping. Not wanting to start a firestorm, but has anybody else had this problem? I've been waiting over a week on a plastic kit that was in stock (I made sure this time). Now a week isn't too terribly long, but he told me it would ship right away last Monday. Everything else has showed up within the normal 2-3 business days, except for of the MX South order, which is exactly what happened last year. I think I'm done with em...I won't call every day and raise a stink, I just quietly go away and stop using their services. :bang:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I just quietly go away
Except in this case, lol.
Did you ask them if it shipped? What was their response to the delay? Not saying it's the case here, but I've had stuff in the "UPS truck" for more than a week before and not from far away either.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
One problem I have experianced since the gas prices shot up is UPS taking 2X as long. I finally got a chance to ask the driver at our route and he said cross country packages were now going by train rather then their trucks and it was causing delays. Don't know if this is your case but I noticed it with other suppliers especially on the West Coast for us.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I agree with Okie. Call them. Jeff has always given me great service.

I was looking through their website just this morning.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Did the stuff you recieved in the 2-3 days arrive UPS? Oldguy is right about their logistical changes. A buddy of mine is a "logistical engineer" or something like that for UPS, he designs and maintains parts of their routing/transportation system and they have made what he considers major changes in the way they move packages due to fuel costs, but if the others arrived UPS as well that wouldn't explain it.

I've never experienced that from Jeff. Sounds uncharachteristic (did I spell that right?).

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i have orderd things from them in the past and most of the time i had good luck with them but the last time i had trouble . i think it took almost a month to get the package. i called them and emailed them a few times and they said that all the items i ordered were located in different warehouses and they had to "consolidate the order" before it was shipped. i dont know where these warehouses were located but i dont think it should have taken that long gather up the items, i ordered a chest protector, graphics, air filter, filter oil, neck support, seat, and goggles.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
When ordering from them I usually count on a week minimum and up to 2+ weeks. So if I can find it somewhere else they get my business.
Yes I'm part of the want it/need it now demographic

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
On one order, they somehow misplaced my order in between the office and the warehouse, and it didn't ship. No problem; I called, and they shipped it, and were apologetic etc etc. Everything else has arrived very quickly.

I've worked in shipping; it sucks, and things do go awry sometimes. Everyone's human. I wouldn't stress too much, if possible.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Always ask the shipper to give you the tracking number. That way you will know in an instant what the status of the package is and you will know who to direct you frustration at.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Okiewan said:
Except in this case, lol.
Did you ask them if it shipped? What was their response to the delay? Not saying it's the case here, but I've had stuff in the "UPS truck" for more than a week before and not from far away either.

Tell ya what, I'll let their system work on its own w/out me having to call daily. The last two attempts to get parts from them were slow at best...very courteous people mind you but slow shipping, and I order parts from across the country almost daily. Our company uses FedEx and UPS for almost all of its receivables and have few (actually none within the past three years) of "stuff in the UPS truck". When I get them, we can track it from start to finish and I'll let you know. I just wanted to know if this was unlucky coincidences or if others had slow ship problems.

Like I said, I am not bashing Jeff or anybody that works there. They are always very courteous on the phone, they just seem to be slower on shipping compared to all of my other business parts vendors and motorcycle parts suppliers.

BTW, on a professional note, I have called w/ a return call to me promised, but never made. I am giving the fine folks that work there an opportunity to keep a customer instead of disappearing quietly and not using them anymore

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I know when I ordered my plastic kit there, they had it shipped from about 3-4 different places to their place, then they put it all together and shipped it to me. I thought that was a bit futile but whatever. It was better than going to Freedom!

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
I order from them all the time and have never had a problem with MX South. My problem lies directly with UPS. I absolutely hate UPS! I haven't received a package in less than 10 days in the past 2 years. They have even screwed up overnight stuff and it took 4 days. Doesn't overnight mean overnight? I wish I could convince some of these companies to use FedEX, but it seems like UPS has that market cornered. Also, getting a tracking number from a retailer is a pain in the butt sometimes, but it does help to find who is really at fault.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
thunder33 said:
they had it shipped from about 3-4 different places to their place, then they put it all together and shipped it to me.

Motorcycle parts supliers (ie. Tucker-Rocky, Parts Unlimited, Western Power Sports, Acerbis, bla bla) will not drop ship directly to customers. Each of the above have multiple wearhouses across the country. They try to ship everything from the closest wearhouse to the dealer, but each wearhouse may not have every part in stock. So we get to play the waiting game.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Some good news, talked w/ them this morning @ 9am and it was shipped from the Cali wharehouse last monday...gotta wait on that tracking # so we can see where it is. He is thinking it may deliver today. :cool:

That multiple wharehouse thing is what slowed it down in the past.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
They gave me that rag about not drop shipping also. I bought it until they shipped me the wrong tank and I would not give them their tank back until I got the new one. Funny how they were able to get Clarke to ship it directly to me that time.

Anyway, Wade, I am glad you finally found that pink plastic kit you have been looking for. Did they have the Barbie graphics too?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
thunder33 said:
They gave me that rag about not drop shipping also. I bought it until they shipped me the wrong tank and I would not give them their tank back until I got the new one. Funny how they were able to get Clarke to ship it directly to me that time.

Anyway, Wade, I am glad you finally found that pink plastic kit you have been looking for. Did they have the Barbie graphics too?

TASSLES BABY, TASSLES :aj: !!!

:ride: :ride: :ride:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Funny how they were able to get Clarke to ship it directly to me that time.
Actually, if dealers/distributors could get all the mfg's to drop ship.... they'd jump all over it. Mfg's DO NOT want to drop ship.. that's why they have dealers, they don't want to mess with the onezy-twozy orders.... They have dealers to stock/ship the "small" orders... otherwise they wouldn't need them, Putting the stuff in stock and dealing with the 1 piece orders is why dealers exist.

For a dealer to get a mfg to drop ship is pretty surprising. If MX South pulled it off, they went way beyond customer service and called in a favor.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
It showed up this afternoon. Like I said, they have always been so accomodating over the phone in the past and when the "ball got kind of dropped" w/ no return phone call last week I was curious if shipping was an issue for others. Here is the new girl all dolled up as of a little bit ago:

Attachments

• DSCN0114-3.bmp
    71.2 KB · Views: 73

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
If you think they're bad, try Throttlehead. They make anyone else look good. I ordered a couple of fenders a month ago & all I got was the immediate e-mail acknowledging the order. Since then they have not returned my numerous phone calls & e-mails. :|
No more DRN sponsers for me :bang:

I'VE HAD IT!!!

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
when i placed my last order with mx south, one of the items i ordered was a PCS neck support and i was shipped right from PCS and i got it a few days after i placed the order, three weeks later the other package showed up. i really shouldnt complain about mx south though, i have ordered numerous times from them and didnt have a problem except this last time. i will probably order from them again, they offer the widest selection of items and there prices are usually pretty good. i really like motosport outlet, there prices are pretty good and they dont charge sales tax and shipping if your order is over $100 but they dont have a wide variety off brands.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Different Mfg's will do different things (i.e. drop ship) for certain distributors based on the business they do with them. The dealer has to EARN that opportunity.

In other instances (such as Clarke) usually the Mfg will not drop ship unless it is an error on their part.

I know from experience that Clarke holds to their 25% re-stocking fee really tight. They are very firm with their business policy.

Ivan

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Update...wife got a follow up phone call today from MX South to see if the plastic arrived (we never did get that tracking#, but this was way better in terms of follow-up). Glad to see a parts supplier treating their customers the way we try to here at our business :cool:

Thanks to all at MXS. Now I gotta get me some carbon fiber...

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Okiewan said:
For a dealer to get a mfg to drop ship is pretty surprising. If MX South pulled it off, they went way beyond customer service and called in a favor.

My understanding is that drop shipping is a big part of MXS's business model, but more from the big distributors (Tucker Rocky, Parts Unlimited, etc.) than the manufacturers.

(and Jeff is reading this with amusement right now... ;) )

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
I have been having the same issue with Throttlehead.com. Ordered some parts two weeks ago. They’re coming in three different shipments. One came within 3 days, one just came yesterday, and the third one didn't ship till yesterday. I was assured they would all be here LAST Friday. I'm leaving for a big riding trip on Thursday, and should get my clutch on Wednesday, if I'm lucky. I hope nothing goes wrong with that install. To top it all off they are charging me shipping THREE times!!! Almost 40 bucks in shipping. This is my first and last time ordering from them.

Top Bottom