dperyman

Nov 25, 2000
Just talked to Jeremy about lowering my suspension on my yz250f and valve it. Has anyone had this service done to their bike and if so how do you like it. With a 29 inch inseam and since I dont MX the bike this seemed like a good thing to do over the winter. Thanks Guys

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Hi Dave, I'm 6'1" and I rode Rich Rohrich's YZF and had no problems, in fact it felt more comfortable turning. I'm not a jumper but it was still fine with 8 inches of good travel. I don't understand why more woods riders don't do it, other than the minor ground clearance issue. I mean who rides ruts on purpose?
Theres a picture of Rich's bike in my book and I'm glad to say that I've had a lot of correspondence from people who've got into dirt biking because Jeremy could make the bike fit them better.
I'm trying to talk Rich into bringing his YZF to Byron for a ride this Saturday. Jer did the second iteration of the valving and spring and Rich put 19 inch dirt track tires on it. Should be perfect for Byron's Blue Groove!

joeblack

Dec 21, 1999
I've had two bikes lowered: YZ125 and YZ250F(current ride). It was great for getting comfortable with riding dirt bikes. It was good for trails AND the track. A lot of people think it would hurt on big jumps, but it does just fine. It's actually the small bumps that hurt the shortened suspension (playing around with the clickers did not help and I had the correct springs for my weight). I recently had my suspension returned to stock height. It's like having a new bike! On the trail, the suspension reacts to tree roots and rocks better. On the track, whoops and braking bumps are more fun. I still cannot reach the ground with both feet even though I've shaved my seat. I am 5'4" short. I say stay with the stock travel. But, if you really want it lowered, I think it works fine. However, there ARE "short"comings for doing it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom