whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Anybody seen it yet? Normally not one of my favorite, big money bolt on book, but! One of our own is in there a big way! Is the cat out of the bag yet? Vintage Bob

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Doug, to be in your sons' boots. I knew Jeremy was up to some black arts for the suspension industry, but he has seemingly removed the issue of bottoming? At least that is how I have taken the project overall. I have used a lot of the companies that advertise in that book, MXTech has never been given a fair shake, imo. Before this. And the best part to me, is the last paragraph. Its totally Jeremy! I have not talked in depth with him about this and fitments to what products, man if I could get this on my 480! But, my 97 sure as heck can! Vintage Bob

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Haven't seen the April issue yet. But I did get a subscription yesterday for my bday. I am apparently one of the few on here that actually likes this magazine. I think the editor can be a little full of himself sometimes, but I'm a vintage guy, so I like the magazine's tiny old iron page each month and occassional stories about the old days. I also like Dirt Rider and sometimes Dirt Bike mags, but MXA is the one I buy every single month. Don't care much for TWM or RacerX, probably because of my age.
I hope to have the April mag soon and see what you are talking about.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yeah, and Pred is a giant... sometimes.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
And there is still more of him to go around.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Back on thread? There is a real interesting view of the handling differences between 2 and 4 stroke MX bikes. They missed the difference how they feel in the air, but nailed it on the ground. Did they get a new editor or something? Vintage Bob

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
MXA normally pushes the 2 stroke over the 4 stroke as being more fun and way more economical. Magazine is huge on the YZ250 and the KTM 150. Pretty sure Jody is still the editor. Guess I'll just go ahead and buy the April issue so I will get it again in the mail they day after I plonk down $5. If I don't, my subscription probably won't start arriving until the following month.
What are they saying??

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I sent Jer a link to this thread, hopefully he'll have time soon to comment. I'm not sure what amount of the stuff I was shown last week is for public consumption at this point and I'd would rather not overstep.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
The March issue is not even out yet? Doh! Vintage Bob

I think it can be found in most newstands now Bob but the article itself really doesn't go into depth about Jer's new system it's more of an all around bike test. My understanding was they plan to do an in-depth suspension test on the entire system when Jer is ready to go retail with the product.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Hey guys.. Chili thanks for the heads up. The MXA guys really gave me fair shot every time I've dealt with them. I've worked with all the mags that do bike tests and MXA calls it the way they see it regardless of money or whatever you may attribute it too. I have seen it too many times be proven to be not the case. I've been on both sides of the fence, the good and the bad.. From "dumpster chow" to multi-time shoutout winner and 5 star reviews and I'll tell you what they have credibility.. You can get all upset and nit pick when they don't like something and go if and but....But a year later you can look back on that set-up or product and see they where right.

To have a result that has meaning you must know that you can't always win. That’s the nature of sport and real life competition.

Anywho... About my new deal. It’s actually ready to go for the KYB components and 48mm Showa components. The WP and Showa 47mm units are still in development. I have been working on a little article for the MXT website. Take a look http://www.mx-tech.com/?id=articles_news&news_id=131

I will be dialing it in a little over the coming weeks.

Jer

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Jeremy Wilkey said:
... and MXA calls it the way they see it regardless of money or whatever you may attribute it too. ... I'll tell you what they have credibility.. You can get all upset and nit pick when they don't like something and go if and but....But a year later you can look back on that set-up or product and see they where right. ...

I remember the Cannondale. And, yes, the magazine still likes to point that one out every once in a while. And while I said the editor might be a little full of himself once in a while, to me, he is at least interesting and coherent. When I read some of the editor columns in couple of the other dirt bike magazines, I wonder if somebody slipped them some mushrooms before they sat down to write their column.
Now Jeremy, don't guess you guys are still working on super-secret technology for mid-70s 35mm Showas, are you?? Oh well, at least the barcalounger seat makes up for some of the lack of suspension on the old dog.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I knew there was a reason a WP rear shock for my 480 has been luring my wallet towards it! The Indy trade show: Eric was supposed to stop by on his way there, a truck issue put the kybosh on that? I could have spilled the beans a month earlier? Not to be as such. Now for some updated suspenders, that should take the new valving, for my 97 CR250? Awesome Jeremy! So much for the story of harsh bottoming out, done. "Set up correctly, it should bottom on the worst part of the track". Thanks Mr. Wilkey and crew! And when I can steal the last paragraph of that article, and post it up, pure MX Tech. Do they have a Tuner of the Year Award? Anything in my garage that jars my wrists, its out of there! Vintage Bob

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
The March issue is not even out yet? Doh! Vintage Bob
I guess the horses must have gotten tired pulling the wagon to your remote neck of the woods, huh Bob. :)

I received my April issue earlier this week. :nener: ;)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Horses, like eats grass and #**@!, naw noway, they have a mind of their own! Mine came from Jeremy. I have not bought a magazine in a really long time, early 80's. If Sieman did not put it out, I did not buy it. We used to get free mags from who knows where, especially racerx, they sent them here for 2 years! Nobody knows. Well how did you like the last paragraph on the MX Tech test? How did you like the piece on the difference in the 4s and 2s handling? I never gave cornering a thumper like that a thought. I hate them in the air. And what do you think about MX tech's latest suspension break through? Vintage Bob

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom