ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
I have searched around but technology is always changing- what would anyone suggest to upgrade the 2K2 on myKTM 300 MXC ( 40 watts) to something with more like 80-100 watts - I could buy a 2k3 stator and flywheel for a 380 and get 100 watts but wondered if there was aftermarket stuff that was cheaper/better etc etc

I am running a Trick Dualsport Kit , the 40 watts may be OK as I don't have to run the headlight all the time and the brake light and turn signals will run off the battery ( they are used intermittantly) as long as the 40 wattts can keep it charged- but long term want to have more wattage :yeehaw:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Do a web search for Baja Designs. They are the lighting experts, and offer many different kits for both off-road and dual-sport.

PTGeezer

Jul 18, 2004
One of the things Baja Designs offers is a simple bulb replacement that gives greater brightness with the same wattage. I've used them on two of my bikes and it gives a "whiter" light(one was on my 40w 300EXC).
They also do stator rewinds and they can tell you if it's possible on your bike-I had my sons CRF150 done and now he's the leader of the pack with about 150 watts of juice!

Top Bottom