89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
finally got around to trying the frp tourqe ring. didn't like the fit. second seal on fmf fatty outside exhaust flange. so i took it to work(was going to call in sick before i saw this) and milled it to .160 thickness. it was originally .210. will try this tomorrow. while i was at it i made myself one out of .125 2024-t3. seems thats what the frp ring was made of as easy as it was to cut. then i thought i'd measure the copper gasket. it's .90. so i may try two copper gaskets also to get near .180.

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
When installing the torque ring along with a procircuit pipe, there was a fit problem too--that's because I tired to install it with the copper gasket in place...mine looked the same way too..."the o ring seal was outside the exhaust flange"...well it's obvioulsy going fit differently given the thickness of the torque ring. I removed the copper ring, installed the torque ring, secured everything as best I could and wala...runs like a champ, with no leak from the exhaust flange...

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
hi john, mine was like that with only the torque ring. also when i said in last post that the copper gasket was .90 i meant .090 and that is new. they crush to about .060. anyway i put the frp ring in that i milled to .160. works,fits and looks great. i took .050 off of it but its still .100 longer than just the copper gasket.

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
did you note any improvement in the low end?

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
pulls front end in 4th but i also added vforce2 reed sys. and i'm rich again.see pic in plug after vforce thread. only rode for about 20 min. since i got everything back together. started raining again.

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
sorry to hear about the rain--i'm running boyseen power reed and really seemed to open things up too...but after hearing all the great stuff about the Vforce reed sys, I'll probably upgrade next year.

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Like John Hubbard, I have a new ProCircuit pipe and I put in a Fredette Torque Ring. The invoice had a note on it to remove the copper gasket prior to installation.

I did as instructed and noticed the outer O-Ring was outside of the exhaust port also. I figured that if it didn't leak then I didn't care. It has not leaked after a few very tough hare scrambles track rides on some of our members tracks.

I did notice that the ring did improve the lower to midrange a little bit. I did not notice anything off of the upper rpm range.

I think I will leave the ring in for a while to see how the bike performs under different conditions.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom