Aug 6, 2000
Well the DT is starting to have problems (I rode it for 2 and a half years and never had a problem not to mention I rode it harder than it was meant for)

First the bike is shifting really bad. Down shifting isn't a problem but when I want to up shift I have to force it up to the point where its bending the tip of my MX boot. Every once in a while this would happen but it was never really that bad but today it just kept happening. to let you know the ride before I was riding during a rain storm going through and jumping onto mud puddles but they weren't that deep (at most 6 inches and my bike has 10 inch cround clearence.

Second problem is I have been getting extremely bad head shake. I'm a mid range rider and I use my top end for straights but lately when I hold it wide open the front end bounces around and goes every where and my friends say my front is usually on the ground when this happens. This is unusal since my bike is a pretty stable bike.

So any ideas, any fixes (and I swear if anyone says "just sell the bike and buy a new one" I'm going to find you, rip your head off, and use it as a Jack-O-Lantern)

On a lighter side I went to a dealer and talked to him about buying a 01 or a 02 CR250, I just need to get the down payment and save enough for monthly payments, I'm going back down there to see the how much the payments will be but I should have it by this winter

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
why not

just sell the bike and buy a new one!:p . Dont do the monthly payment thing on a new CR. If ya dont have the money dont buy it. I know that i would never do a payment plan because that would just suck making payments every month on a bike.

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
Dont do the monthly payment thing on a new CR. If ya dont have the money dont buy it. I know that i would never do a payment plan because that would just suck making payments every month on a bike.
Believe it or not most teenagers don't have $5500 layin' around to buy a bike :D

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
believe it or not i'm 16 too!, and i still wouldn't consider paying payments every month on a bike. I thought it was bad enough being indet for $600 on my CR. When i buy my next bike(brand new Cr250 or Cr450), it will be with cash and nothing less. I aint going in det again to buy a bike. Just my 2cents:)

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
I still owe around $900 on my bike to my dad.Looks like I will never pay it off.Maybe once I get out of highschool he will forget about it.:confused: If I had a job and wanted a new bike I would consider the monthly payment.

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
Originally posted by Psyco Diver 69
[B
So any ideas, any fixes (and I swear if anyone says "just sell the bike and buy a new one" I'm going to find you, rip your head off, and use it as a Jack-O-Lantern)

[/B]

OK I won't say it. What is a DT? You said it yourself, " I rode it harder than it was meant for". Also it sounds like your rebound ( i.e. fork bushings ) could very well be shot. I assume you don't have adjustable rebound. As hans and frans say. " hear me now and thank me lat-ur". The sooner you can buy new bike the better off you will be.Until then, get your forks checked out, and check the cogs on your tranny. THey are probably shot. THis stuff does not last forever. ( I wish it did, trust me.):D

Aug 6, 2000
Originally posted by RMrider125
You could at least get a little newer bike that is made for what you are doing. You do not have to buy new all the time. Plus i think you have this in the wrong fourm.

Yea ok I can make payments on a new bike that will last me a long time or I can save up to anywheres from 1500 to 4000 (it will take take way more time) for a bike that I might replace in a few years. I think I know the answer to that one.

I have 3 or 4 hours on the last tanny oil change (water might have gotten in there) and I haven't changed the fork oil since April or May. So I'm going to try to change the oil in the tranny and in the forks, if I'm still having trouble, oh well I guess I'm going to have to live with it untill I get the new bike.

Top Bottom