My compretion valve pop out.. please help

aharoncross

Oct 22, 2001
Hi
I have YZ125 1999.
I just got back from the track and I saw that my left shock is leaking hard from the compression valve (the lower end). :(
I compare it to the right valve and I can see that the valve bolts is not close enough, I opened it with helen key and it was very loose, as the valve came out all the rest of the
oil pop out from the bottom end of the shock
I returned the valve and drove it in until it was spinning without getting tighter.
I saw on the service manual that I should use special tool to lock the damper rode while closing the valve.

1 Is there any possible damage to the shock ?
2 can I just close the valve back using the special tool and fill it with new oil?
3 I don't have this special tool any one have an idea?? :silly:
(I don't think I can find this special tool here)

Please help me .
Thanks

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The compression bolt can be tightened with a airgun or if not air tools are available you will need a damping holding tool-i made one from copper pipe.If you remove the fork and drain all the oil then remove the damper assembly you will see what the holding tool needs to locate into.For oil heights/measurements a owners manual will give the volumes.Jers website www.mx-tech.com has a good guide how to build forks.

aharoncross

Oct 22, 2001
Thanks marcusgunby.
I think I will make my own damping holding tool as you describe .
Do you think the fork internal may damage if I road it the last 3 months with the compression bolt not tighten?
Thanks

Top Bottom