BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Sorry for your loss man. My dad passed away last year, and I miss him more now that he's gone than I did when he was alive. :(

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm really sorry to hear this, can't imagine how tough it would be. My family's deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Godspeed Ed.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Thanks so much everyone. This is, without a doubt, the toughest thing I've ever been through in my life. I can't tell you how much it means to see all the kind words here. I appreciate it very much and I know my dad does too.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Wow, it's difficult to find the right thing to say, I'm very sorry for your loss, it sounds like your father was a great man that has touched many around him. Godspeed Big Ed.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Sorry to hear about your dad :( But I'm glad to hear that the two of you were close. That will give you a lifetime of memories.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
kawidude,i know what you are going thru bro and thanks for sharing all that with us, same thing happen to my dad back in may 2000. He sounds like a great guy and i know you'll live in his honor. you two will catch up again some day. prayers are with ya...

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Sorry to hear Kawie :(  time will help heal the hurt,  but the memories are forever. I hope all those good memories will give you the comfort to be strong and the reassurance that he will always be with you. :thumb:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I too read your other post, and am saddened by the bad news. :whiner:

Thanks for sharing with us; you and your family will be in my prayers!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Kawaidude, I am so sorry for your loss. Having met you, I can only imagine what a great role model you had for a father. I am so happy for you that you had such a wonderful relationship with your dad, all those good memories will be there for you to call upon.

With Sympathy,
Natalie

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Kawi.

So very sorry to hear about your Father.

Please accept my most sincere sympathy.

Ol'89r

bleed red

Jan 8, 2001
Kawidude (Mike) is my brother-in-law. I can not even begin to thank everyone for their kind words...it really helps! The entire family misses Ed and this world will not be the same. Ed got Mike and my wife to ride when they were just kids, and I thank him for that. We now ride as a family. Very soon our kids will be riding (2 & 3 yrs old.) There will not be a moment out on the trail that I will not think of "Big" Ed. Ed was a mechanic and was always wrenching on everyones bikes to get them out on the trail, including mine. I will always love him and be thankful for the time I had with him. He gave me the greatest gift of all....his daughter.
Two years ago Mike and I went to Clear Creek to ride the day after Thanksgiving...something Ed and his brother-in-law started many years ago. The tradition will not die with Ed, but will live on through Mike. Mike is the best brother-in-law a guy could ask for, and am proud to call him my bestfriend! Every one who responded thank you. I know Mike read everyone one and wept. He could not believe people he had never met had just the right thing to say.
Love your brother...love your father...we are truly only here for a short time!
RIDE ON!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I'm Sorry for you loss and my thoughts go out to you and yours. Just remember the good things and I'll bet you will crack a simle when you think of him.

My uncle just went though a scary deal with a heart attack and I just found heart problems run in the family as my grampa died when I was little and I did not know of what. It was heart related. I'm overweight and its has served as a bit wakeup call to me. Working on the diet and excersize thing, but its not going to well. Thanks for reaching out and caring.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
:( I lost my dad on 5/3/03 so I sorta know what you're going through, Kawidude & bleed red. I wasn't very close with my dad, and that's a regret I'll always carry. Be thankful for what he gave you and taught you and think of him every day. You are all in my prayers.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
My sincerest condolences.  You have reached out to the greatest friends for support, DRNr's.  I know from experience.  Hang tough and rejoice in the happy things that you shared.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I'm glad you guys had a good relationship. I pray you can get through this quickly

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Thanks again everyone. I can't even begin to tell you how helpful it is to come here and read through the responses every day. It's really making me feel better. Other members of my family have also read through them and they are all deeply touched.

Last weekend I had to write my dad's obituary. I'd like to share it with everyone here so you can get a sense of what a great guy he was. Thanks again.

August 31, 1941 - July 24, 2003
"Big Ed" Mortensen was a beloved member of three families; those he had at home, those he met while on his Harley and those he made during his 34 years of service as an aircraft technician at United Airlines. He continues to be loved by his wife Jackie, daughter Cathie and son Mike. He will also remain an important part of the lives of his son-in-law Al and daughter-in-law Michelle. Ed's love of his family was matched only by the patriotism in his heart. A good story and an even better joke were mandatory when Ed was with you. He would lend a hand to a stranger at a moment's notice and ask nothing in return. One of his greatest accomplishments after retirement was a 7,100 mile cross-country ride to visit the war memorials in Washington D.C. He returned with stories and photos that will live on with his friends and family forever. Ed was the proudest grandfather most had ever seen. Random conversations were often preceded by a display of the three tattoos on his right arm, one for each of his grandchildren (Nathan, Jacob and Anna) with space reserved for his fourth grandchild due in January. Ed Mortensen was a true American, a true father and husband and a true friend to all that knew him. Friends and family are invited to attend a casual memorial/tribute to be held at Oak Hill Memorial Chapel in San Jose on Tuesday, July 29 at 3pm. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the American Heart Association.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
shoot, we can all only hope to have as nice a remembrance as that. My heart goes out to you, bud.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom