pdiddy

Mar 5, 2004
So when I bought my 04 KDX200 in April 04, I had the dealer put in 155/45 jetter per what I read on the Just kdx site. I have been riding the bike since then and it is just flat out to rich.

2 weeks ago I went riding and the bike was just waaaay to rich. I probably killed every bug within an 8 mile radius. My poor dad behind me was getting totally gagged. It was a pretty high trail, we got over 5000 feet up. I figured I had better re-jet because it was bad.

I got online and ordered up a 152 main. Tonight I tore the carb apart and what do I find?? A 158 main. Not a 155 like I asked for. :bang: Stupid shop. I specifically asked for a 155 main, I even wrote it down for them, but noooo, dont listen to me, well put in a 158. Idiots.

So, I put in the 152 and replaced the reeds and air filter while I was at it. Hopefully the 152 isn't going to be too lean. I guess I will find out tomorrow when I start it up and then monday when I go riding........

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I didn't know the dealer that I bought my KTM 300 from, so I didn't know what to expect. I ordered the jets that I wanted to be there when I went and picked up my bike. At least then I knew I had exactly what I wanted. But, you are right, the dealer should have jetted the bike according to your wishes.

Bottom line: If you want something done right... do it yourself. Good luck with your jetting.

Randy

1911user

Jun 16, 2004
I went to buy a #45 pilot jet this morning from the local Kawi dealer. I had asked them before about jet prices and was told $5-6 which seems to be the going price. As one of the counter guys walked back to get it, I asked the other how much? $13.50 plus tax. I was so surprised that I just walked out and don't plan to go back.

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Unless you spend all day at WOT, you might not see any affect...
consider lowing the needle, especially at altitude..

Mod the airbox cover else it will go richer are higher rpms anyway..

pdiddy

Mar 5, 2004
Air box lid is modded (a whole lot of 1/2 inch holes), 45 pilot, clip in the 2nd from the top position, so I will just have to try it. I figure I might have to put in a different needle before I get it right.

Top Bottom