michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
Well it was good time. Here are some of the highlights. The motocross track was huge in my eyes but if you listen to our honorary MI spode Doug you just had to ride all the jumps in 4th gear. I still did not do to many of the jumps. The kids track was more fun and V-Man was the king there. We rode the 500 which stands for 500 acres that was about 5 miles away it was a great time ridng there I went there 4 time myself. There were 3 different loops and the red was by far the best with everything from rocks to red clay hard pack to sand, drop offs and some crazey hill that you need to ask Fred about I am still laughing at that one. To me this made DW for me as the riding goes since the track was big to say the least. The MI crew made the Night time poker run a little interesting for the people riding in it there seems to be a few extra's moons out that night and people jumping out from behind trees. Well my hats are of the FS and Fred T. the Harescramble the post a well deserved 5th and Mike was 2nd going into the woods on the start lap. Doug and I got 7th. The course did turn out to awesome with the help of MX bundy, TTR guy , Mully and a few other that I just can't think of now thanks guys. Bikes with lights class ithink we might have lostmFred to the motocross world. Our on Factory Freddy KTM.com Grabs the holeshot and leads the first couple of laps. It was a beautiful sight to say the least. Doug did use proud in the B calss with 7th overall his second ever moto race. I would like to that Fred for the awesome meals and laughs. Mike for being the big loveable guy that he is and his huge smile. Also his bike for running the entire time. Randy and Sally for being my sponsor yet again for our RV. Randy was also the the offical film guy. And yes he made it though with out getting hurt. Jeff is our offical Truespode and got the biggest trophy but no trophy girl. Thanks guys you all made this trip special in ways words can't explain and I am gald to say that you are all my friends.

Michman(Napper)

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
It was great to meet all you guys. Sorry we didn't do the 500 at the same time, but there was so much going on. Thanks again Michman!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Sounds like a blast! I can'nt wait to hear about the hill climbing and all other bench racing stories. also glad to hear you scared mikes bike into be~having

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Glad to see you guys had fun and got back in one piece. Making memories... that's what it's all about! :thumb:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Lots and lots of memories....
Meeting Okie, Thump, Elk, TTRGuy, GSR and the Heartland Spodes on Day 1
The Factory camp - everyone was jealous of the M camp
The first trip to the 500 - meeting PapaKeith, Fred's hill and my visor
The motocross tracks - WOW!!! and I can handle the kid's track.
The second trip to the 500 - my ankle is still hurts from the crash
Napper doing fork seal repairs
Riding the Cannondale on the Poker Run - chasing the lil' rooster
Meeting Double D (Doug from Cannondale)
Using a Chinese accent even if it was not politically correct - we go fast now!
The Hare Scrambles - goal was top 10 - finished 5th
Watch Fred on the MX track
Amazingly - the 20 hour trip to and from Cooperland is also a good memory. Thanks to Randy, Sally, Napper, Jeff and Fred.

I have found it amazing after returning to DRN when you read a post and can say - I met that guy at Dirt Week.
I hope our MI caravan is much larger next year!!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
It was great meeting all of you MI spodes, although I don't know that the title spode applies. I forgot about the visor. That was classic!
I'm now sporting a new CP thanks to michman!
I also got to try out a Cannondale.
I can't wait until next year.
Here's a shot of your camp

Attachments

• mi campsite.jpg
    mi campsite.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 245

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Thanks again for the bark busters Napper, they saved my hands plenty of times during the HS race. Just wish I could ride as good as you pumpkin guys do.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Jeff, you will need to paint the zuk to go faster in the woods. We had the orange paint with us last week. Thanks for sharing in the DW memories. Congratulations on the trophy and the new riding gear.
See you at Trail Fest!

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Hey guys,

Michman, thanks for all the cool stuff from EE at the raffles. :thumb:
To the rest of you guys, F+S, Freddy, Doug and Randy, BIG THANKS for everything! :yeehaw: All the food, (those shrimp where awesome) and hospitality!
Man i am so jealous that I cant ride with you guys at the trailfest :whiner:
Got back here and its about 100 freakin degrees and no rain in sight for at least another month.

But tear it up for me would ya!

bundy

Oct 10, 2000
I had a great time going to the 500 with you guys, thanks for taking Bart, Buddy(pro clean guy) and me. That made DW even better.

Oh and next year I'll try to keep my front end from comeing loose in the Bikes with lights class to give Factory Fred T a run for his money :)

See you guys soon....maybe at the Ironman GNCC?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Glad to hear youz guys all made it home safely. It sounds like everyone had a great time! Can't wait to hear the rest of the stories and see the pictures/videos.

Dirt week in Michigan next year?

Mark, Andy, and myself had a stellar ride last Saturday at Baldwin. Perfect day......60 degrees and rain the night before. Man, I love this time of year!

Can't wait for Trailfest.

michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
OKKX, Bundy, wheelie and the chopper bunch gang,

Thanks for all the fun times. The way I see it I have a few new dirt bike brothers. Take care Napper

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Sounds like so much fun that I may just have to skip school next year and go on down. I will start saving and begging the boss (mom) to let me go!!!!!

Top Bottom