MobyP

Sep 25, 2000
erm.. ok, this was my first time doing a top end service on a 95 kawa 125cc. With the manual side by side, i finally manage to change the piston ring on my bike.

One problem now, when I top up the coolen, there's a leakage. The leakage was right below the header pipe,it's was like peeping out.... :(

..... I change the piston ring, top gasket, cylinder gasket, never re use any of the old gaskets, etc etc.

Another problem is the fuel system, when I plug everything into place, the fuel is not flowing into the carb. But when I take it off, and turn it on, it flows smoothly out.

eerm.. any idea where or what I did wrong?

PS>> Eeerm... when you guys did your first over haul, do you guys face this sort of errors? Maybe it's just me.... :think

Last edited:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I"m not overly familiar with the KX design, but if it's leaking below the pipe then it sounds like a bad base gasket. First off, did you get all of the old gasket off when you replaced it? Secondly, did you torque it to the proper specs? If you continue to have problems you can buy some sort of gasket sealer and apply it to help the jug seal to the case. Good Luck.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Did you have your head checked ?

you could have a warped head? what kinda shape was your head and cylinder in ? did you do a star pattern when you torqued your head bolts? what kinda gasgets did you use? did you put all the vent line back where they belonged " has it run yet ?

roostinbe

Mar 22, 2001
are you talking about just seeping, or like... dripping, because radiators have overflow tubes, when you fill your radiators, it is easy to get a little coolant down in that tube, and the one on my yz comes out right there by the exhaust port. other wise, i would say that it is the base gasket. as for your carb, how do you know it is not making it into the carb? i think you should deal with your radiator problems, and then see if your bike will run. also, if it is your base gasket, make sure that you flush out the crank with some gas, or carb cleaner or starting fluid.

MobyP

Sep 25, 2000
I replace both the head and cylinder gasket (OEM kawasaki), i tried topping up with coolen than fired it up. Everything seems to be running fine, could feel that the compression was alot high. All the hose was in proper place, so was the carb. I think I am going to tear down the cylinder again and see whats wrong.

Thanks for you time and help guys. :)

Top Bottom