My front brake sucks! What could be the problem?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Back bleeding is the way Nikki-use a large farm type syringe and push all the air back up, also on a periodic basis i push the pads all the way back into the caliper-this forces the air back upto the master cylinder and can make a huge difference, sometimes a brake goes from mushy horrible to rock solid in just afew seconds using this method.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I did the back bleed method to my old Akebono cylinder as well as rebuilding it with the factory kit. At no time did it work as well as the Honda M/C.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
i have never heard of this, my 02 yz125 has very touchy breaks, as well as my friends 03 yz250f. i rode a few other hondas and didnt notice any difference in braking. Then again both of our bikes have very little hours on them (mabe 15-20) so it might develop over time.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Lets not forget disk sizes-does anyone know the sizes for the YZ/KX/CR, im sure the KX used to have a disk 10mm larger than the others.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Yes, as Marcus always told me...size does matter.

How much though? Suppose we have the identical brake set-up, but one is 10mm larger. How much more powerful would the larger one be?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Rcannon LOL on the conversion-i do hope you were joking? £115.61 it comes to, which is cheaper than the same set up over here.Is it worth it? well i rode a Cr with a big brake conversion and it had power with no feel.
The KX has both with the std setup. On the YZ , i think you should start a thread and ask owners to see if the conversion is any good.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Rcannon LOL on the conversion-i do hope you were joking? ]

Yes, I was. I have a good friend locally who is british. He alwys brings me things from england when he visits. My favorite is "four faggots in a tin"

I really woudl like a one finger front brake. As I get older, arm pump happens more often. Anything to help would be nice!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
if its one finger operation you are after , the big brake is a must, i use 2 fingers and so got into trouble with it.

On the faggots-i tend to steer clear after the mad cow disease;)

Top Bottom