My homemad track tour/report if your bored.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'm bored so i thought i would post a track tour. I started it last year with a riding lawn mower and about 5 arces or more of land. We have 70 acres but this is next to I-80 and surrounded by woods. So my dad didnt care too much if i tore it up. All last year it basically was a flat track with afew turns. Then by end of summer we added a 4' high, 25' long table top. Small to you MX guys but big for us newbies. Of course we're clearing it now and saying its too small. Funny how that happens. Saturday we convinced a neigbor to loan us his 1970 front loader with hoe. Spent the day putting in 2'-3' berms in the major turns. Then we got 3 days of very heavy rain which wiped out 20% of the work we did on saturday. Not to mention 4" of water in my basement! :( Anyways here's my riding report/track observations from today's ride.

Track Tour

BY: Tree Jumper

Starting off by the main entrance, the track is pretty good. I would almost go as far as saying perfect! :) Heading down the straight away (not wiping out this time!) i entered the first turn(a left hander like the pros!). The berm is good but didnt really need it for this turn. The ruts proceeding the berm kept me from having to use it. From there i headed for the whoops. Who the f#@&S idea was it to put those there???? My eyes went like this :scream: as the back fender slapped me in the arse on the first one. Then just as i was about to re-gain control of the bike i hit the second one. "We need to do major work on these". I'm sure glad we didnt put in the rest of them yet.

Now after i cleaned out my riding pants (which i might add were way too small and made me feel like an 80's rock star. :aj: Damn winter weight) i headed for the next berm. This one is perfect for the the turn (left hander again) and kept me from washing out into the trees. Only problem is coming out of the turn my arse wants to smack the drainage ditch for the berm and buck me off. No biggie, just need to shoot out of the turn faster. The slight "S" is pretty good but the rightside rut from the quads is like a mini river from all the rain. I then hit the open straight away and slam it into 3rd. Could hit 4th here if it wasnt so muddy on the next turn.

The drainage pipe we put in works great. The sink holes are bad and i only have 1 line the width of the tire to hit or you sink a foot in the mud. This area of the track needs the most work but is still better than it was before.

On to the next berm or turn (lefty again). This berm works good but needs some shaving done to it. Almost feels like riding down Roller coaster road, up and down, up and down. It works so thats the main thing. Next i'm heading to the Double "S" hair pin turn (left then right). Not bad, i make it thur the first one only to sink 6" in the second one. All the silt collected there from the last 3 days of heavy rain. It turned out to be fun after i got a nice groove going. The dead pine that is laying beside the turns needs to come out. I got squirrelly and almost smacked it with the back wheel and me!

Off to the next turn (left again, good thing i'm better at going left than right ) a nice natural rut to follow from the quads. See they are useful for somethings. :p I crack it into 3rd to make the straight and down into 2nd to hit the berm (right). When it dries i can see us staying in 3rd thru the this and the next turn(right). Now its off to the double "S" turns (right then left) before the table top. I go thru the first one fine but the second one is useless. The berm doesnt have enough dirt and too many holes. {we didnt get to work any on this one so i didnt expect much from it.} Once out of the turn i crack it into 3rd and leap the small table top. I found the left side is more comfortable to take off from than the middle or right like i had been. Once landing i'm back where i started and off for another lap.

Well that's my little track and hope you enjoyed it. Someday we'll get more jumps/whoops in it but its something to play on since people are shutting down different riding spots. Lucky for me most of my parents neighbors ride quads and allow access to their land.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
sounds cool. you're lucky to have land. i keep saying that someday i'll get some land. someday never comes...

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Thanks everyone! PK, yep got the bike running 2 weeks ago and have burned about 14 gallons of gas thru it. :) I've been trying to get out every evening after work to do alittle riding. Its the only way i'm going to get use to the bike and hopefully keep me from looking too spodely when riding with everyone. Matter of fact, i'm heading out there in afew minutes since its suppose to rain tomorrow.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Added some photos to my album of the soon to be track. (should be able to see them soon). :)

Top Bottom