My KDX

Racerjoey1

Jun 19, 2002
I dont know how many of you frequent the General Disc. board but if not then I'll tell you know. I just got a 96 KDX 200 last thursday and I am loving it so far. I am having one problem. The bike runs good off the bottom end, but if I get on the gas hard, it bogs down. If I roll on the gas and let it build up slowly, it will rev up more, but it just stops at a fairly low rpm. It has a FMF KG-30 (fatty), boyeson rad valve, old FMF silencer that needs a repack bad, and the airbox is "upgraded from stock" (what the seller told me). I need a service manual, but I think it may be the powervalve is gummed up, or maybe the main jet is clogged.

Any ideas,
Joey

Racerjoey1

Jun 19, 2002
I tried to edit the first post but it wouldnt let me, so here goes:

BTW, in the first sentence, "know" should be now.

Anyway, I dont know what I was thinking, my pipe is a KG-30 (Gnarly not Fatty). And, my silencer is a Turbine Core spark arrested with spooge soaked packing (its really loud).

That should clear it up a bit,
Joey

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
Sounds like your main jet could be a little rich.

Take care of the other stuff first, and you will have a much easier time jetting your bike.

Racerjoey1

Jun 19, 2002
Im sure it was probably me. Ive been wanting a bike for so long. I spent many hours on this computer reading reviews, forums, etc.; about alot of bikes. Im glad I got the KDX. Anyway, it does need to be rejetted. I pulled the plug out and it is completely black. The porcelain is black and all. It was a little wet like oil.

I am gonna fix the problems hopefully soon when I get paid (15th).

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
And don't be afraid to look somewhere besides your Kawasaki dealer for jets. My local Kawasaki dealer didn't have the jets I needed for my '03 KDX 200, but my local KTM dealer had them in stock and they were cheap too!

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
You might be able to lean the bike out for free by dropping the needle a step or two... that would lean the main out. You might try that until you get paid.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Hey ZEROTACT i think in your photos you have a KX tank and shrouds. If so how did you go getting it all to fit. And what year model are the parts.

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
You might be able to lean the bike out for free by dropping the needle a step or two... that would lean the main out.

???????????????? please explain this

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…