Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
314
0
bought this 77 Pursang 250 this weekend. looking forward to some Vintage MX racing :)
 

Attachments

  • 1977 Bultaco Pursang 250.jpg
    1977 Bultaco Pursang 250.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 285

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
22,820
16,889
Chicago
That looks sweet. There is something timeless about those old Bultacos.

Some day I'd like to have a Bultaco Astro in my stable.

miller_bultaco1.jpg
 

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
5,349
3
Cool bike!

My neighbors had a '76 250 Frontera and a '75+- 125 Pursang back in the day. Always loved those old Buls.
 

Attachments

  • bultaco_pur_mk6_broc.jpg
    bultaco_pur_mk6_broc.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 243
  • bultaco_pur_mk8_broc.jpg
    bultaco_pur_mk8_broc.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 246
  • picview.aspx.jpg
    picview.aspx.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 250

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
5,349
3
Can't think about Bultaco Pursangs without thinking about the one and only Jim Pomeroy.
 

Attachments

  • pomeroy12-411x449.jpg
    pomeroy12-411x449.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Jim_1974_honda_hills_usa.jpg
    Jim_1974_honda_hills_usa.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 241

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
22,820
16,889
Chicago
Bspeed said:
now to get some factory works porting, pipe and suspension setup, eh ?


At the very least you need a Jim Pomery Replica jersey from Metro racing. :cool:
 

Attachments

  • POMEROY FX JERSEY.jpg
    POMEROY FX JERSEY.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 212

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
5,548
2
Amo, IN
Rich Rohrich said:
That looks sweet. There is something timeless about those old Bultacos.

Some day I'd like to have a Bultaco Astro in my stable.

miller_bultaco1.jpg


My uncle used to race an Astro on the Indiana/Illinois short tracks in the early 70's that looked just like that one... Sweet bike.
 

Rotorranch

Member
Feb 10, 2007
436
0
IndyYZ85 said:
My uncle used to race an Astro on the Indiana/Illinois short tracks in the early 70's that looked just like that one... Sweet bike.

What's his name? I might know him!

I raced short track Buls in District 18 ( Southern Illinois ) about that time, and my uncle ran a Bul shop in IL at that time. Poovey, Rush, Mclure and Brow all ran out of the shop when they were in town.

Rotor
 

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
2,812
0
Here's my '73 Alpina set-up for vintage trials (Sherpina).
Next "project" is going to be a vintage-legal 250 Pursang with left-side shift.
 

Attachments

  • 1973 Bultaco Sherpina.jpg
    1973 Bultaco Sherpina.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 108
  • 1973 Bultaco Sherpina_2.jpg
    1973 Bultaco Sherpina_2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 108

LENCHITO

Member
May 30, 2007
8
0
SWEET! I raced a Bultaco Pursang Pomeroy replica 125cc in my youth. Next to my Yamaha Mini-Enduro that got me loving the dirt in the first place, the Bultaco is my best memory.
 

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
5,548
2
Amo, IN
Rotorranch said:
What's his name? I might know him!

I raced short track Buls in District 18 ( Southern Illinois ) about that time, and my uncle ran a Bul shop in IL at that time. Poovey, Rush, Mclure and Brow all ran out of the shop when they were in town.

Rotor


Tom Terry.. had 60h on the plate on the Bultaco
 

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
314
0
just got my service manual, and new forks springs. Although I am debating about racing it, even for one moto, the weekend after this.

it has an oil leak, and it may be from the Countershaft seal. messy around there, but have not cleaned it up to find the source.
I could get a seal here in time. But, if thats the leak source, it could easily be due to the bearing going bad, and I dont want to break the bike for one silly moto.

looking forward to tearing it down this summer. Hopefully i can get (i.e. $$) all the parts for an engine rebuild and complete it by Sept. and also have the frame painted, etc.
Have ordered a Circle-F pipe for it also.

I guess I need to get my woodworking stuff cleaned and organized and sell them off for some $$ !!
 

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
2,812
0
Bspeed said:
it has an oil leak, and it may be from the Countershaft seal. messy around there, but have not cleaned it up to find the source.

More than likely it's the felt washer around the clutch pushrod. Helps lubricate the chain and keeps that area around there messy.
 
Top Bottom