Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Hey just got a new (to me) truck and I just need to share.

Of course it snowed last night so my clean/detailed truck is now dirty:silly: :ugg:

If you remember I was looking for a Chevy with the 6.0 V-8 due to my altitude, but the price was a bit high. Plus you can only get the 6.0 in a 3/4 ton (overkill for me)

Well I found an absoluetly CHERRY '99 extended cab 1/2 ton with a matched topper. 4k under blue book with 26k miles.

4X4 with all the goodies and a 350 Vortec! funny thing is the 350 was not available in the 99! The 350 was only avail in the Corvette (with alum heads) So All I can figure is that it was a hold over from the 98's or something.

Once I figure out how to post pictures I will.

Pewter Grey matches my grey KTM plastic too :)

So next question, Cat-back exhaust, Chip or K&N, what to do first?
most bang for the buck?

Last edited:

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Rod,
If I am not mistaken, GM sold the previous generation AND the new generation trucks as 99 models, that being the first year of the new body style. The 350 obviously was never available in the newervbody style, but it would be the correct engine in your 99.

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Yep you've got the 99 C/K "Classic" pickup. The owners manual or my 98 is for the 99 classic. You've got my truck, a leftover for sure but I think you made the right choice. I even added a leer color matched canopy. But mine is indigo blue with grey leather.

got to off-road.com's website and visit their chevy section. They built up an early silverado and did a good write up on each modification.

I added a custom catback and K&n replacement filter. I like the sound and performance is maybe only slightly better. Avoid true duals and the chips. Go for headers and the k&N FIPK.

The tranny and the 10 bolt stock rear end on these trucks are the weak links. You have four Oxygen sensors, a noisy fuel pump, and 2 cats.

Enjoy that nice truck.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
HEy Highbeam,

Do you happen to know HP/Tourque ratings for these trucks?

Just want to baseline it against my '89 C1500 w/ the TBI 350

Rod

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
The vortec Hp is 265 which should be up about 30 from the TBI. I keep forgetting those #s though. Someone will chime in with the correct figures. When they do, also note at what rpms they hit. I don't know about you but my truck never exceeds about 3000 rpm unless I'm abusing it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom