MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
A friend of mine (Dave Leathers) said, "Hey I found your old bike on Craigslist" via. facebook chat
Sure enough here it is http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/1674688507.html

The ad is pretty funny...raced a few times is quite the understatement. I sold it to him for $1600, back in '06. The kid was an idiot and so was his Dad. I was very specific on what oil was used and what the premix was. They called me every day for THREE days saying it kept fouling out sparkplugs. They couldn't find my oil in stock at their local "bike shop", Bel-Ray H1R. The "shop" told them they never heard of it. I really didn't want to sell it to them, but they were the only ones who showed up and had cash in hand.

Four years later there it is...my numbers, same graphics, even has the dirtrider.net stickers on the fender. I bet it hasn't been taken care of though...

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
oldguy said:
I did ship a powerband to Michigan a while back

purple or red?

I would never buy a bike from someone that bought one of your purple powerbands.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
lol Joe...I remember I got it out of the garage for the Dad and Kid. I said here it is told them stuff about it and said it's one down four up...he kind of looked at me weird. I asked if he was going to ride it and he said no...so I rode it around the yard for them...they gave me the cash, loaded it up, cinched the tie-downs way too tight, then drove off...

Good to know that he figured out it will go 70..I always wanted to know :coocoo:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
soooo tempted to reply to that ad and ask where he got the power band and what brand it is LOL

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I did at 6:30 yesterday. Still waiting to hear back.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Patman said:
I did at 6:30 yesterday. Still waiting to hear back.

Seriously?!?! That is hilarious! I want and I'm sure everyone else wants full details...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Who did the engine bore job?
How many hours are on the bottom end (rod & crank assy)?
What premix do you use?
What power band does it have? How is it setup?
Does the bike run clean or does it need jetting?
Does it have a speedometer or how did you determine 70mph is the top speed?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Hmm..I'm not sure if I told him who did the engine work. The guy who had it before me was actually an A rider. His parents bought it for him to qualify for LLs on. They had the engine and suspension all done by Pro-Action here in MI. They also put the Pro Circuit pipe and silencer on it and all of the usual aftermarket goodies. He had it for about a month and sold it back to the dealership and his parents bought him ANOTHER new bike. I bought it cheap for what all had been done to it.

I can't wait to hear his responses...

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
He has lowered the price to $2000. Still no response huh Patman?
I'm amused by seeing my old bike on Craigslist.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
truespode said:
Offer him $800 and a Slurpie :)

Get your bike back and let ceiling kitty ride it!

Ivan

LOL Ivan....I would kind of like my old bike back. I still miss it! Turn it into my HS bike! Mmmm....Slurpie

Ceiling kitty needs a good bike to ride.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
No response. Must just be dealing with a landslide of phone offers. :laugh:

Top Bottom