My Prayers go out to the families of those

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Kids who lost their young promising lives today at Virginia Tech. Oh my god..I can't even imagin. Nothing to say except lets hope the death toll amoung the wounded doesn't rise...

Gunman Kills 21 at Virginia Tech
By SUE LINDSEY
Associated Press Writer

BLACKSBURG, Va. - A gunman opened fire in a dorm and classroom at Virginia Tech on Monday, killing 21 people and wounding another 21 before he was killed, police said.
On the Web site, Tech reported the shootings at opposite sides of the 2,600-acre campus at West Ambler Johnston, a co-ed residence hall that houses 895 people, and said there were "multiple victims" at Norris Hall, an engineering building.

All entrances to the campus were closed and classes canceled through Tuesday.

"There's just a lot of commotion. It's hard to tell exactly what's going on," said student Jason Anthony Smith, 19, who lives in the dorm where shooting took place.

Aimee Kanode, a freshman from Martinsville, said the shooting happened on the 4th floor of West Ambler Johnston dormitory, one floor above her room. Kanode's resident assistant knocked on her door about 8 a.m. to notify students to stay put.

"They had us under lockdown," Kanode said. "They temporarily lifted the lockdown, the gunman shot again."

"We're all locked in our dorms surfing the Internet trying to figure out what's going on," Kanode said.

Madison Van Duyne, a student who was interviewed by telephone on CNN, said, "We are all in lockdown. Most of the students are sitting on the floors away from the windows just trying to be as safe as possible."

It was second time in less than a year that the campus was closed because of a shooting.

In August 2006, the opening day of classes was canceled and the campus closed when an escaped jail inmate allegedly killed a hospital guard off campus and fled to the Tech area. A sheriff's deputy involved in the manhunt was killed on a trail just off campus.

The accused gunman, William Morva, faces capital murder charges.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Update: it's up to 32 and the gunman is one of them.

Godspeed.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Very shocking and sad news..........will be praying for families, survivors, wounded, etc.

:(

ILoveCake

Uhhh...
Apr 8, 2007
Does anyone know why he did it? They were saying this is the largest massacre on US civilians in history. At Columbine there were something like 12 that died, here it is double. Crazy stuff. :yikes:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
It was all over the news today in Quebec also. I am very sad about what happened and my sympathies to the families. An event similar to this one (with less victims of course) happened recently at Dawson College in Montreal. I wonder what pushes one to the point of doing this... :|

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

This is terrible news, my heart goes out to the victims and their families. I can't even imagine going through something like that.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Tragic is an understatement. My sympathies and prayers go out to the family and friends of those injured and killed.
In just a few days, OKC will be having its Memorial Service for the 168 victums of the Alfred P. Murray Building bombing. Horrific acts of violence are becoming more and more frequently in America. What will it take to change it? There are incidents like this in other parts of the world almost daily. Is this coincidental? No intention to high jack this thread just thoughts that have crossed my mind since hearing of this horrific incident.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
you dont usually hear of colleges having things like this happen, its always those high schools that have shootings and fights, i heard what happened on the radio last night, 31 killed not including the gunmen. im glad i dont go to public school, theres too many teenagers doing drugs and drinking to have "safe" schools these days :| .

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
2 of my buddies almost got shot, they were very VERY lucky to make it out alive. also found out the shooter lived about 500 feet down the road from me (well my old place, my moms house) not at the time tho as he lived on campus but his family's home.

skyhigh230

Mar 21, 2007
the gunman cho something bought the gun that he killed the people with was bought in the gunshop that i went to to look for a hunting rifle only a few days before i entered it...
yet again some mental guy that is disturbed and probley carryed the "goth" look and went around and yelling i hate rich kids its just because their mentally disturbed just like eric and dylan at columbine just retarted...and no it wasnt the biggest school massecre in the history of the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_school_massacre

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
As terrible as this is..wait until the polititians start working this for political reasons...thats just around the corner. Shameless.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Truly a sad incident. Worse things have happend before and worse things will happen in the future. Praying for all those affected....... :(

weimedog said:
As terrible as this is..wait until the polititians start working this for political reasons...thats just around the corner. Shameless.
Your right on the mark. Just as the networks have already began to do. With their interviews of someone that went to school with one of the victims in the 1st grade and the so called "expert" ex-police/FBI types....

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The day of horror.

Top Bottom