My terrible, horrible, no-good, very-bad day.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
This Sunday was quite an adventure indeed. One of those days when I should have just stayed in bed!:)

Bad news #1:
I woke up at 5am in a happy, very excited state to go race in a regional arenacross. I called my riding buddy to see when he would arrive at my house to pick me up. He says within 20 minutes he will be there.
I wait and after 30 minutes I get a call that went something like this:
Jamie-"Aaron, bad news, I can't make it to the race. Kelly(his girlfriend) fell down the stairs this morning as we were about to leave and she is hurt. She will be fine, but I can't go."
Me-"It's okay, I hope she is okayI will just try to get my trailer out of the snow."

Bad news #2:
It snowed the night before and I find it inpossible to get my trailer out of the backyard, let alone drive on the unplowed streets. My day is done, no racing for me and I am bummed that I am going to loose my entry fee.
I went back to sleep and woke up at 10 so that I could make my way to the arenacross to beg for a refund and to watch my other friends a little bit.

Bad news #3:
The trip was a disaster. I forgot my liscense and money and had to turn around halfway there to get it. Then I realized I had no gas. I literally had to coast into the station, what luck. I get my gas and leave. On the highway, the spray from other cars requires me to use my windshielf washers alot and I run out of fluid. Now I can't see anything. I open the window, stick my head out and manage to find a gas station with fluid and I fill up. I thought that it would never get worse, but I managed to get lost.

Bad news #4:
My phone died and I had to way to call my parents so that they knew I arrived safe and sound, so I borowed a phone.

Finally, a good thing happens:
Once I actually got to the race, I got a full refund without question and I was even allowed to keep my wristband for free so I had full access to the stands and the pits.

I watched the races a bit and tried to make a good day out of a bad one. Just as I think it could not get worse, it does.

The very bad, expensive news:
I go out to my car to get some lunch that I had packed for the day only to find my precious vehicle missing!:( After questioning the garage attendees, it seems that the dumbutts had it towed because I was double parked. I was indeed double parked, but I did it infront of the race promoters 18 wheeler because I knew that they would not be leaving that day. Oh well, honest mistake on both our parts. I get the name and address of the towers and call dad to pick me up and go to the garage.
The garage is another 20 minutes from home and we almost get lost going there. I pick up my car, pay the 100 dollar fee and I am relieved to see that they flatbedded it.

I decided to visit some friends in the area and I made the best of the rest of the day.:)

In hindsight, it is actually quite amusing. I am sure we have all had days like this, and I just wanted to share it with all of you.:)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
YIKES!!!:(

You might be in the running for the DRN MoO_coW award.:p
I'll echo YZ250_#257's sentiments, *be glad you couldn't get the trailer out of the snow.*

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Me and a few buddies went to race one day 2 pickups 3 bike and four people
my bike my gear and I and a spectator friend in my truck . My two racing bUddies and there bike in the other truck. Evything doing great headin on down the road about 70 miles from home and maybe 50 miles from the track my truck starts devoloping a terminal case of a rod knock. I guess a slant six dodge will eventually die. Any way out on the turnpike we are trying to cram three bikes , three sets of gear. and four people in a ford f150 witha stick shift on the floor and a toolbox in the bed< you know the kind that takes about 2 ft of the front of the bed>
We all almost fit and proceed to head off to our destinataion. Well with the grossly overwieght truck and the idea of what my buddy considers good tires, we are back on the side of the road. this time to change a flat on his truck maybe about 30 miles form the track now. Quite a few people riding by us towing bikes laughing and carrying on at us but finally one nice guy stops to ask if we need any help. Well we are only changing a flat but thanks . Little small talk and stuff and he is going to the races also so we
hold him to his offer of helping and ask him to give the one spectator buddy a ride to the track.

well we finally get to the track and lining up to get in , the gate guy says . "ok ama cards district cards how many how many classes each"
Well being new to racing ,only raced once before <see post in had a bad day riding somewhere in this forum > we knew about the ama card but knew nothing of the district card.
"ok no big deal just when you get in go to the ama table and fill out the forms
3 racer one class each 60$"
cash? what's that ? we have check books we have credit cards
nope sorry only portraits of dead presidents on green paper
ahh jeeez!!!!!!!!!
Now we are outside the gate and our spectating buddy , who is in the gate , has no clue that we cant get in. Have fun trying to explain the reason he is in the gate and we are outside the gate to a guy who has a hundred cars trucks and stuff lined up behind us.
We didnt get very far!
Finally our buddy shows up at the gate wondering where we are and we proceed to tell why we are not in.
He has an atm card ! Our saviour! Lend us cash we wll write you checks ,our first born whatever you want !!! So now we are asking everybody where the nearest atm is at>
Well we struck it rich that day!!! We ask this one guy who is heading out of the track and he says "there is one in this store I am heading too "
So we pawn off the spectator buddy again . Only this time it isn't for safety
<having someone sit on a toolbox in the back of a pickup with the rear tire of a wr400 between his legs> it is to get us cash!!!!!

Well we finally get into the races. We all do respectively lousy in our respective classes and then prepare to leave the track . Cramming all and everything back into the truck to go and see about what we are going to do about another truck , setting on the side of the turnpike , with a blown motor.

I don't know about adversity buidling charachter but it certainly makes for amusing stories!!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom