BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
When I picked up my 05 YZ in June of 05, it would foul plugs every 20 mins. After swapping brass and testing with several new plugs, I finally hit the mark. I had not changed the plug until yesterday. I started the bike first kick and it just wouldn't "clean"up after warm up. So I found my spare plug in the very faded original package and swapped it out.
Bike started up first kick again and still wouldn't clean up. Soooo, I pulled the carb "hoping" that the top end wasn't the problem.(eventhough it wouldn't surprise me) Found some trash in carb, cleaned it up and the bike still runs like the day I tuned it in June of 05, stock piston and all. If I ever get some sleep tonite, I'll ride in the morning before it gets steamy.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I don't ride as much as I would like but I do get out once a month or more. This bike has been great and still starts up first kick. I'll probably do a 300 kit when it finally gets a top end.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I changed the plug in my 04 when I replaced the piston and rings three years ago. Not because it was "bad", more because I felt guilty :whoa:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
The hour meter on my 08 KTM 530 reads 260, I put everyone of them on it. Dug around a week ago and found a new plug, put it in. Like Kieth, I just felt guilty.

Top Bottom