yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
hey guys me again i cant really explain this ticking noise that magically appeared after i did some hard riding at the park and let my bike sit for a while, so here a vid of it, thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHVZ1Xj4aQ4

p.s.
it had barely any gas in it thats why it took long to start usaually first kick, and thats why it wouldnt idle also

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
BigRedAF said:
Send that Chinese piece of crap back on the boat...

You blow the big end rod bearing, congratulations. :cool:

Or just replace the engine for $250 and keep riding.

Good thing that didn't end up happening when all the H-D, Indian, and BSA riders saif the same thing about the likes of Honda, Yamaha, etc... or Big Red might just get one of his H-D dirty :laugh:

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Patman,

80% of all the Harley's made are still on the road today, the rest actually made it home... :laugh:

Kidding aside, I've had a ton of bikes over the years and never liked Harley's until I actually rode one. Since then and being a performance nut I've done quite a bit with these bikes, they're a blast and very responsive to mods.

I do know their limitations and would never claim superiority to one of the big four or BMW.

I actually thought the video of that guys tick sound was a joke and felt my comment was along the same line.

I showed my 9 year old daughter and told her to shut her engine off if it ever sounded like that, she said "dah!"

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Kidding or not there were MANY that felt the new fangled pieces of "Jap Crap" would never make it and they should just keep them over there and then the joke would have been on all of us. Will the same apply to the China produced products? We'll know in 10-20 years or so.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Yep, I'm actually considering a purchase of one of those Chinese pit racers but haven't received any feed back on my post.

The Korean cars have really stepped up recently so the desire to produce reasonable products is out there. Toyota is poised to take over GM's number 1 position soon. GM has held it for 40 plus years. The industry is constantly changing.

I think that the Chinese need to get their quality under control. Lead paint in kids toys, poison in dog food, anti freeze in toothpaste, the list goes on and on...

Bye the way, I like Jap Crap.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The only way to get the Chinese QC under control is for us to police it. I am a total PITA on each and every piece on Pit Viper bikes. I had 2 different companies refuse to work with me and several suppliers got axed by me. If everyone goes with the cheaper is better attitude then something has to give, if you insist on quality first you still end up with a reasonably priced product but can feel good about it too.

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
well guess wat all you guys that think that the chinese bikes are crap, after riding the bike with a new oil change the bike now runs perfect and i haven't heard a tick yet, so add that to your diaries, and its very funny how people make fun of things that they have never owned and probably be suprised when they ride, and im saying this because i felt the same way when i bought the bike for 50 bucks, and had my yz80, so please dont knock it until you try because as we all know our so loved jap bikes were knock- offs a time too. now once again put that one in your diary.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Well Mr. Beast the noise that was on the video is a sign of damage, no questions or ha ha ha about it.

I'm glad it's working for you right now but the damage has been done and it will fail soon. I'm glad you only paid fifty bucks for it. That way it won't hurt so bad when it dies.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I wouldn't bank on an oil change fixing the problem, maybe just masking it. Just how much oil came out when you drained it? What color was it? Any little pieces in the pan? Just curious.

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
that the wierd parts i swear about 1/2 of a cup but no chunks or bits or shavings, and thats what i was expecting, but i think im about to stop killing the motor and add a the 70cc kit, but it doesnt come with the head so does that mean that it will work with the stock one?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you want more displacement just pop a complete engine in, it will be maybe $250-$350.

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
see the thing is that my kx125 will be getting a complete tune-up in about 2 weeks or so, so i will not be riding the little bike as much so i figured why not put a little something in it for now just incase i ever wanna putt around the neighborhood or bring it to the track and do some mini racing

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom