Sir speedy

Jan 7, 2001
Just completed my first date with the blue thumber. First let me tell you about the conditions that I rode in......no rain in something like 4 weeks and the track was a crusty, hard, slick pathetic thing to ride on..as a matter of fact I broke over 10 knobs off of the back tire! On hand was my '02 CR250 and my buddies '03 CRF 450 and a '01 YF426.

ok here is the 411....

CRF450 starts a little easier
YZF 450 has a engine that has BETTER throttle response than my CR250
YZF450 has better MX handling
CRF 450 has better top end
YZF 450 has a mx-style powerband. CRF450 is bland in comparison
if you want to ride the YZF450 like a two-stroke just pull the clutch in when you go into a corner and its just like a YZ250..if you like decompression braking, leave it in gear and turn the throttle. The is by far the best bike I have owned and I have owned over 30. I honestly feel someone could win a AMA nation on one with a set of Renthals and heaver fork springs...belive the hype its that good. The bike feels like it is a YZF250 frame with Tim Ferry's race engine wedged in it. If this the future of our sport, lets just say the future looks great. If anyone makes a bike faster than this - I don't want it. Anything faster will get me in lotta troble....oh 1 more thing ....no payments till March '03. Yeah!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom