Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I went out to Naches today alone (thanks Kev) :p . The weather was nice, I'd guess around 80. I started at the beginning of 941, and rode up to Quartz Mt (948?). Just a couple of patches of snow near the top, but they are mostly on the sides. At the end of that trail, you end up on 1388 I believe. Both ends were unpassable due to snow, so I had to head back in the way I came. I WAS going to Taneum junction campground, and then come back. So, after turning around, and heading to the truck for gas, I tried to take 941 to the end, but at the end of the 4X4 section, it's closed due to a landslide. Traction was good, and I didn't have to cross a single downed tree. All in all, it was a good ride. Although, I think I prefer Taneum. The trials are much better maintained.

Jeremy

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Xrguy

Thanks for the ride report. This has got to be one of the premier times to ride those areas before it dusts up.

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I'll be up there for the father's day poker run, with a half dozen in my group.

I may catch some hell for spending my first father's day on a dirt bike ride.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Hondaxrguy,

Left you some tracks. Rode from Taneum Junction to Naches and back last night. Got up to the top of Taneum ridge and it was cloudy, cold and wet so we figured let's go check it out. Trail 1388 is passable if you take the difficult marked routes through the rock garden at the top. The conditions on the  Naches side were quite a bit dryer than Cle Elum.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Which trails did you take? Did you cross at Quartz Mt? Kev_RM and I will likely be trying to make it across tomorrow. Did you have to plow through snow to make it? When I hit snow before, I could see someone had made it through before, but it was too deep for my bike. Oh, do you know how far the trip is? My main concern is gas until I get an oversized tank.

Jeremy

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Jeremy,

From crows creek cg at naches,Trail 941 to 948 to 1388. When you are on 1388 stay to the right at every Y to the taneum ridge trail1363. It is a rock garden up the last hill from the saddle when you get out of the woods to the top of the ridge. When you get to the top of the ridge take a left toward taneum junction and stay on trail 1363. You hit 1363 just below Quartz mtn.  50 miles +or-or so round trip. The trail to the right from the last saddle below taneum ridge on1388 is a rock garden but free of snow. The trail to the left is holding snow yet. The Quartz Mtn area is holding snow also and I don't expect that will clear till we get a little more warm weather. We would have checked it out a little more thoroughly but it was wet and cold on the ridge.

Have a good ride!:thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom