kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Anyone broken there neviculer bone? ( not sue of that spelling)
Broke mine yesterday, and believe me I know I'm not fast, but how does it effect your slow riders like me? Can you still hold on or what?

Maybe its a good thing to build airplanes!

Kevin

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
At first I thought you were setting up for a great joke (saw something funny on facebook with made up diseases)... but I googled it. Your spelling is close: Navicular.

(Probably better for building boats- hence its name.)

To clarify- did you break a foot (modern common) or a hand (archaic) bone? What did they do to help you mend? It is too bad you are not a horse because the navicular bone of horse lies in the coffin joint. I'm sure there's a joke in THAT for someone who actually is funny.

How do you feel and how did it happen?

Last edited:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
From what I've heard on the interweb, that bone has very poor blood supply and takes a long time to heal. IIRC, breaking his is what caused Rick Johnson to retire from MX. He still rides, though.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Hi all,
I know about RJ and all... But what I wanted to know is how it effects someone just riding for fun! Other bones I've fractured, well felt different then this after a bit. And I'm wondering about grip strength. Guess I sound talk to the Doc , but just looking for real life experience. Dr Matson, I'm pretty sure does not ride dirt bikes.
I broke it at work, hand slipped off a wrench and flat palmed into a 20,000 lb chunk of steel. At least its my left hand.
As for airplane building, well the throttle is a push pull arrangement for the left hand, so pretty simple. Its a Zenith CH701 Cost of around $10,000 (depending on engines and I'm NOT using the $$$ one.) if built from plans and a longer life span then most dirt bikes. ;) But you know that 1990 YZ250WR is STILL in my garage, I ride it now and then... even after replacing it a couple of times!

Kevin

Kevin

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom