2 B

Aug 31, 2000
I just bought a evs race collar. I was just wondering if anybody else has used this item? Does it get in the way of chest protector? How about when you turn your head to the side? I have all the rest of my body parts protected (knees,elbow,head,chest,etc,etc) mine as well have my neck protected too.

Cactus Rider

Sponsoring Member
Jan 11, 2002
You allready bought one, you say.

That makes you testdriver for all of us. The questions you ask are the same that i've got.

Keep us informed !:D

Sep 8, 2000
I have been riding with a EVS brace for a coulple of months now,This brace needs to be trimmed pretty good if your gonna wear it with a chest protector,Mine is ziptied to the shoulder pads. There is a thread in the fitness fourm on this site about neck protectors that has some good info and some pics of other braces.

MIKE

Nov 27, 1999
If you wear a chest protector with raised shoulder pads, shoulder to helmet clearance is a problem. I bought the EVS protector last year and with my chest protector my head movement was so limited that it was scarry for me to ride. After about a half hour of feeling as though I couldn't see or move I haven't worn it since. Low shoulder pads or no shoulder pads would be a different story I think. This is just my experience, others may have different results.

MIKE 2000 KTM 300MXC eastern WA

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000

azcab

May 6, 2001
I just bought the PCS (?) support brace and rode six hours of rough desert singletrack with it on this past weekend (Desert Mountain Enduro course). This is the type that ties to your chest protector. I got the standard 1 1/2" version. The brace was virtually unnoticeable when sitting looking ahead or left or right. I noticed no restriction in my movement side to side. Standing up riding on generally level ground or uphill was also not a problem. However, when riding down hill and standing (which I generally always try to do) I definitely noticed it rising up into my helmet as I tried to lift my head to scan ahead. This would cause me to move my shoulders unnaturally in an attempt to reduce the contact with my helmet. The result was a very unnatural riding position that started to fatigue my neck more than normal. I then found myself sitting when I'd otherwise be standing (and riding faster).

Overall, I like the brace and think that, after a few more rides, I will have adapted to it well enough to forget it's even there. I'm going to try anyway as I can see the obvious benefit to this type of device. Based on the pictures I saw of the EVS, it looks substantially more restricting because it looks fatter. I would either shave it down or buy the 1 1/2" PCS unit. The guy at PCS talked me out of buying the full 2" version, and I'm glad as that would definitely have been a mistake.

I think it will be much more uncomfortable on the MX track where you spend much more time in the "attack" position (similar to the position I was in when I noticed the discomfort). Time will tell.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom