Need 2000 Ktm 200 EXC suspension mods

danlmotox

Nov 26, 2004
Has anyone out there performed any suspension mods to a 2000 KTM 200 EXC. I'm a woods rider on the east coast, USA. Lots of tight trails, sharp edge rocks, etc. I've set the sag on the rear and played with the clickers on both the front and the rear, but this suspension is punishing. Currently the springs are stock. Seems to be real harsh in the mid stroke and well pretty much everywhere. I plan on revalving both the front and rear. I was wondering if anyone has used valving from Factory Connection, Fab-Tech, Race Tech, MotopPro?

If so, who did you use and how did you like the results.

Thanks.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Most of the guys in my group have gone to Moto-pro. We ride rooty, rocky, wet conditions here in Western WA mostly trails and enduro stuff. The general consensus was that Moto-pro has a better handle on local conditions than the others mentioned. We've tried all the vendors except FC. I believe MX Tech is better than our local experience was and Jer has a good handle on things now.

spikes

Jul 12, 2002
Mods.

I bought my bike with the changes already made and all you do is take out the shims on the one fork for the front and loosen up your shock spring at the back. To set the back up i set my free sag and loosenedthe nut by 360° more, if it`s still a little hard turn out another 360°. My bike was set up by Team KTM for Darryl Curtiss so take it from me it works like a bomb, my friends and i have done three other KTM`s the same way and they are all much better.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I sent the suspension off my 200MXC to MX-Tech. Jeremy lowered everything 1 inch, revalved and replaced the springs in my fork tubes.

I am still fittling with things, but I can assure you that it is a huge improvement over stock. Best $$$ I have ever spent on bike mods.

Check them out ... the link is right there on the left side of the screen. Tell them we sent you.

BTW - Total time that the suspension was off my bike was 8 days. Very quick turn around. Of course, this is the slow time of the year.

highmileage

Jun 17, 2004
You might try Dick's Racing as they had very good success with those era forks by making the APS "Advanced Progressive System" modifications. Everyone that I have contact with have been very pleased. It is a little different approach than the rest and might be just what you are looking for for the roots and rocks. Here's the link www.dicksracing.com

Top Bottom