hboe52

May 23, 2009
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5 feet 8 inches 175 pounds

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
I play HS football, TE. You have to be strong there. I run/lift weights everything. As for agressive, I can compare my self to mabey a James Stewart rider in the way of him wanting to win so bad. I ride my bike very hard when I need to.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? MX all the way.
4) Do you have any riding experience? Plenty
5) Do you think you will race ? 100%
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I have a great mecanic that lives with us and is family, literally. He is teaching me to be a better rider/mechanic
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I was looking on getting a YZ250F. not sure though
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? this doesnt matter I can drive to surrounding states if needed.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? Right now under 3k.
10) Do you live in California?
no
11) Your age? 14
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I really want a bike that can win races with me and not break down every ride. I have a practice track at my house and will be turning hours on it probbaly 1-2 hours a day. I was also thinking about a 09 Kawisaki 250F. I heard they had an awesome stock bike. It may take a while to get it set up for you personnally as a rider but was a great stock bike. I cant afford a full custom bike at the start and will have to build up with different parts.

Last edited:

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
well you want a 250f, and have less then 3000, you might beable to find a 250f that isnt thrashed for that much,but older, and deff. not an 09 kawi, 125 2 stroke, you can get a nice one, then spend the extra cash modding it and making it better for you.and because you will be putting so much time on it, ts are way way way easier to work on... just my 2 cents

hboe52

May 23, 2009
Do you think I would be too big for a KX 100. I could loose knock off 10 pounds easy or would I still be too big?

J-man

May 16, 2007
You would be too big for it, I think the 125 2 stroke is your best bet. Like 2stroker144 said you can start moding it out right away instead of with the 250F, Where you would have to make a little more $. I hope this helps.

hboe52

May 23, 2009
I have decided to spend more money for a better bike and get a new bike. I have my eyes on a CRF250R and 09 Kawi.

Those seem to be the best bikes. Which bikes do you think are the best between 08 and 09 any brand? whos got the best stock bike?

OriginalRider

Nov 23, 2008
Im not sure but i saw a stock 2008 crf250r run those things are bulls it has way more power then my cr250 but i the cr250 has more speed.By the way im 5'11 140 i ride 250's and 500's.I really think you should get a CRF250R 09 if you can just by the difference they made to them.The dual exhaust looks sweet.Also this CRF will kill a 125 on the track and on the pit.But J-man has a very good point and you must look into it do you want to drop it off everytime to let the shop work on it or would you rather do the work yourself would save alot of money if you would rather do the work yourself get a 2 stroke.By the time you rebuild a 4 stroke your atleast 600 or less i can't say because i never had to rebuild one but the 2stroke is 100% cheaper maybe around 140.

Top Bottom