Sherby24501

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2004
Hi I started dirt riding this year - I have done a full season of Hare scrambles and finished last most of the time (but I have been finishing - D14 rider 730).

The problem is I started at 41 (this year) and need to practice somewhere close to where I live in Novi Michigan.

In particular woods riding and jumping. I need to find somewhere quiet that I can figure out how to jump (a single or a table top preferably) to get to the point where I can clear a double without breaking anything vital.

I have been to a few MX circuits (Dutch was nice), but on the free practice sessions the circuits are either too hard and or too busy.

Please help me

Regards

Sherby

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
sherby good luck finding someplace like that. In my experience the only place that you are going to find like around here is on private property.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Trailfest this weekend. Lots of good guys would love to ride with ya -- just ask and they'll give ya all the woods riding tips you'll ever need.
Regarding the jumps -- you're 41 and on a KDX for god sakes! Go around them.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
You really should come to trailfest! It is a absolute blast and a potluck after the ride to boot! Here aer some directions from mapquest: Good Times

audacity

Oct 25, 2005
michigan is filled with trails...2 hours north and your riding...we go up all the time, even during the week for the day...we also go to morlands mx/sx track a lot during the week...no one there but us! do what u want...it's nice, u can focus on a jump or a section of the track....let me know?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
south lyon here, tell me more about morelands, where you at??

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
listen , this is freaky , i just accidentally clicked on your profile, dont know how , but first thing i see is jan 25 1971..............mines 1-25-70

audacity

Oct 25, 2005
hum...strange...

this is me: www.jbsracing.com

yeah, morlands is cool...the guy keeps the track in perfect shape...he'll go out and water the complete track if we are the only ones there! it's in stanton:

http://morelandsmotocross.com/

i'm going to ohio to pick up my 06 in the morning and then will ride at pro source indoors...

thursday??

friday: stop by morlands and then up noth to ride in fredrick with friends on the trails for the weekend.

cheers, joe

audacity

Oct 25, 2005
i live in howell by the way.... i think there is a private track in south lyon? is it still there? it was sundays only or something like that?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
audacity said:
i live in howell by the way.... i think there is a private track in south lyon? is it still there? it was sundays only or something like that?

never heard of it,

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Morelands is next to Victory Lane MX in Stanton. It's a small supercross style track. Victory Lane was owned by Morelands a few years ago and when they sold they split the property, and two tracks, up. My sons and I ride/race V Lane but it's usually pretty rough. Memebership is/was $25 a year and $10 every time you ride. Go to their website for more info. It's usually pretty quiet, you can go out on the track when you want (no start times), so it makes for a good laid back practice place.

JUSTRIDE415

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
Sherby did you race the last portland harescramble and have a bunch of guys pass you in the woods? one guy a Cr 124 # 415x? that was me. That was about the only KDX i saw and im sorry if its not you but a little piece of advice. When bikes come up on you and you hear yelling and bike revving move over. Some guys have a points race going and bneed to get by. I had to race to move up to fourth in points and i know a few other classes were. I just noticed a KDX would not move over in the woods and even M class guys were having touble getting by

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
audacity said:
Would be interested in meeting the private owners of this track.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
I live in New Hudson and to my knowledge there are no private tracks. Sherby, My son and I ride about 2-3 times a month. If you ever want to hook up just pm me. I have space in the trailer.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
hey cr250can, what do you think about pro source?? i went there once last winter

Sherby24501

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2004
Ellandoh

First ride I had on my bike was Jan 17th this year at Pro-source with my son (also his first time). I found it tough as a intro to a new bike and dirt riding (too many jumps), but my son was even more daunted than I. It was quite busy, but at least I gave everybody there a good laugh.

I found the Mounds at Flint a much more gentle intro for him, it just lacks anywhere to practice jumps.

I hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving

Sherby24501

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
ellandoh said:
hey cr250can, what do you think about pro source?? i went there once last winter
Never been to prosource, I have seen picts and video. it looks small. I have heard bad things about it.
You been there?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
went once, it is small, barely cured the winter blues, scraped the wall and spent 40$ too much, i couldve also used a little more fresh air :bang: also

Top Bottom